Lost it all

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

Lost it all

Post by FreezeTek »

I made like a zillion backups of the forum when D-man's site got destroyed, but lost most.

It seems I have restored some forum functionality. I think I can restore the FIMS site as well. No matter this is the last straw with servage so when my account runs out I will not renew. Just don't have the time for it anymore not to mention servage might decide to delete my files for any reason or no reason.

Anyway the forum will be up for a bit, looks like I renewed early this year so should be good until 2009.

FT
gazmanofaus
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Thankyou

Post by gazmanofaus »

I would be lost without this site.

Oh by the way the latest effort from Frozen Femmes is well worth getting hold of.
Dosman!
FIMS Contributor

Post by Dosman! »

What did Servage do to cut you off?
I haven't had any problems with 2 sites with them.
Is there anyway to avoid it??
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

quick FYI it looks like your getting lots of spam

Sorry to hear About servage like Dosman said What do you know?

Fear is The Mind Killer
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

So I went to access the site a week or 2 ago and I got the error that you all must have seen (basically cannot find file)

So I login to servage and check my file manager (empty)

I open a case with servage and there was a waringin about some SMS issue was affecting my site.

Anyway servage responds telling me to restore my sites. I tell them I didn't remove my sites what happened???

They say sorry we had a hardware failure. We don't backup data so you must restore your own backup. Well I never backed up the public file share, just too much of a pain to synch up that many files. My computer died last year taking the most recent backups of the site. So they deleted every site I had, every file, only the PHPbb DB is left.

I know about the spam (probably a patch or hack I applied since this version of the site) I can't seem to disable the board for new users either.

It really pisses me off that servage would not have a backup when it's their fault. Who knows could be their way of passing on a DMCA notice...

Anyway I'm done with em.

I've backed up the forum DB but it didn't work when I tried to import it to a new version of phpBB2. If anyone that has a webserver wants to take over the honors, I've carried the torch for a while... It was really fun while it lasted. No regrets just tired. Bad enough we have to worry about hacker like on the last forum, now I even have to worry about my provider deleting all my stuff??? Too much........

FT
Dosman!
FIMS Contributor

Damn, that sucks.

Post by Dosman! »

I'm disappointed to hear that they would treat you so poorly. I've never had a problem with them, but I think I will do some backups of my sites.
I know that the SMS features all incur additional cost and I wonder how much it would affect your account to not have sufficient funds to cover the charges.
Thanks for the info and I hope you'll keep going until the next failure.
meh
FIMS Contributor

Post by meh »

That's rather unfair of them to treat you like that FT.

How could they not have backups? :/
Seize the moment.

Literally.
Nickel Dakota
Producer Extraordinaire

Post by Nickel Dakota »

Really glad to see you back, Freezetek. Really, really, really glad. :D

Not only has your site been a wonderful place to market my films, but I've always enjoyed the content and the well-mannered members over here.
Either way, I don't think I've ever been able to fully extend my gratitude for your efforts. If you ever need anything, or any help, feel free to email me.

Once again, great to have you back!
Downloadable, commercial Freeze Fetish films at: www.countdowntzebra.com
zapped13
500+ Elite

Re: Lost it all

Post by zapped13 »

FreezeTek wrote:No matter this is the last straw with servage so when my account runs out I will not renew. Just don't have the time for it anymore not to mention servage might decide to delete my files for any reason or no reason.

Anyway the forum will be up for a bit, looks like I renewed early this year so should be good until 2009.

FT
Freezetek:

I have to say that I would be lost as well! This is the first site I go to when the PC is on, and hands down the one I visit the most. With the possible exception of Dosman's "Living mannequin circle" from the earlier days (well for me anyway), I have been on this site more than any other relating to this kind of fetish, ever since I have known that there were other people out there that were into this type of thing!

If you don't have the time to operate it, then I'm sure everyone on here will fully understand. Just don't think that people don't appreciate your work: guys like yourself; dosman; dmuk; Nickel Dakota; Guy Talon; Leem; and others that have websites- as well as people that donate or search for clips from their own collections or youtube; and even people that write stories for the Legacy of Timeless Beauty- all contribute their time and efforts to build upon and keep this little community going. Maybe folks don't come right out and say "Thank You" as often as they could, but they do appreciate the effort!

Although I have the writing stories portion of this down, I often wish there was more that I could do to help this effort out. Unfortunately, I'm still working my way up to getting that little picture in the upper left-hand corner posted! Maybe someday . . . .

. . . So with that said, THANK YOU! :wink:
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

FreezeTek wrote: If anyone that has a web server wants to take over the honors, I've carried the torch for a while... It was really fun while it lasted. No regrets just tired. Bad enough we have to worry about hacker like on the last forum, now I even have to worry about my provider deleting all my stuff??? Too much........FT
well i dont mind helping run things or hosting if it comes to that i got the space and after backing up i feel better. i also have been looking in to new hosting while servage is great for the price... in light of your news i started wondering if a move was in order and if there was something better.

http://www.canaca.com/
http://www.3ix.org/one_dollar_web_hosting.php
http://www.midphase.com/?A=0.253471792283566&C=1&R=HOME
they all seam to be nice and adult friendly

http://www.000webhost.com/
its free but no adult stuff

Fear is The Mind Killer
FreezAntix
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by FreezAntix »

Glad to see you back on feet FreezeTek! I was worried there for second this is one my favorite boards to visit.
puducu
Keeper of the Seven Keys

Post by puducu »

Happy to see you again :D
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

Freezetek, I greatly appreciate all the work you have put in over these years with the files and the message board. I think we all are greatful.

Now we have to ask ourselves as we look forward what we want to do next. I would be willing upload my entire freeze/hypnosis collection I have saved in my external hard drive. Its quite extensive, but of course Id be willing to share it with you all. (Besides stuff I get from the paysites, out of respect).
worldfreeze
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by worldfreeze »

Freetek, you are a wonderful host and thank you for keeping this fine site alive!
Worldfreeze
The Great Entropy
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by The Great Entropy »

Glad that you're back, basictek.

Your site is one of the few that i go every single day to see if there's any news. I also keeped coming while it was down, with the hope it came back from the ashes, like a phoenix. and that's exactly what hapened.

When the ftp come back, I'm gonna reupload the Watch-man manga, and maybe some others that I intend to have translated.

So thank you for keeping this site, and good luck
The Freeze Fan
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by The Freeze Fan »

I'm sooo glad this place is back. It means so much to me. Thanks!
dmuk
Demented Gadfly

Rebuilding the FTP site contents

Post by dmuk »

As soon as there is a place to put the videos again, I'll upload the ones that I've saved on my own system. These are generally timestop ones but include some mannequin posing ones too.

If everyone else could re-upload their saves too, the server will be back in business before very long!

-D-
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Re: Rebuilding the FTP site contents

Post by Jay »

dmuk wrote:As soon as there is a place to put the videos again, I'll upload the ones that I've saved on my own system. These are generally timestop ones but include some mannequin posing ones too.

If everyone else could re-upload their saves too, the server will be back in business before very long!

-D-
Where do I put them?
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

I will have to recreate some FTP accounts, they all got their passwords reset and they werer all set to invalid directories. So I need to build them back, prolly this weekend
el salvador
400+

Post by el salvador »

thank god ur back
yendis
FIMS Contributor

Post by yendis »

nice to be back

cheers
yendis
plastic
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by plastic »

Glad to see your site is back up! Your site is truly of one the cornerstones of the ASFR community!
Mastermind
FIMS Contributor

Post by Mastermind »

Yes, welcome back!
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

Glad to see the boards back again dude!
I'm just speculating here, but maybe the reason of the deletion of your files could have something to do with an explosion/fire in a datacenter in houston?:
http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/arch ... utage.html

BTW, I also have an up-to-date backup of the HTML site in case you want it restored. (PM me to sent it to you)
freezeiont
FIMS Contributor

Post by freezeiont »

I'll contribute everything freeze related in my pc as soon as there is a place to put the videos again..don;t worry... :D