The End or is it?

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

The End or is it?

Post by FreezeTek »

Bad news everyone. My site will expire 03-06-2009 and I no longer have the time or money to renew. I'm willing to back up the DB but I don't know how to restore it to a new version of phpbb2. I'll try to make both a phpbb2 and mysql backup before that time comes.

Use this thread if anyone is interested in taking it over.

Sorry for the short notice I didn't know when my contract expired and servage just emailed me yesterday.

It's been a wild ride and I do hope someone will carry the torch forward.

Regards,

FT
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

well i have the space and bandwidth but the time to run it i don't have. does your hosting just run out or does the domain also ?

Fear is The Mind Killer
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

Post by FreezeTek »

it was a package deal, so I guess both would go. Theoretically we should be able to transfer this board to a new domain??? no?
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

FreezeTek wrote:it was a package deal, so I guess both would go. Theoretically we should be able to transfer this board to a new domain??? no?
As far as I know there should be no trouble transferring the database, as long as the board version stays the same. The best way to do it is to install a brand new, clean version of phpBB2 and then transfer the database

If LH is willing to host it, I'm willing to be a mod, dealing with new subscriptions, et al.

I really like this board, I hope it doesn't die :cry:
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

FreezeTek, thank you for everything.

Ok all, so lets get something figured out before the board expires, where are we going to meet? lol Id be willing to help out however I can.
FreezAntix
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by FreezAntix »

I have an account at Runboard and a board I could up new sections at my board just for this community for a temporary period until we can figure something out.

Or

I can make a new board all together. I can have it set up in a couple of days.

Let me know so I can set something up. This such a great community really hope it fade out. Its been a great run so far thanks.