SOO.. sorry for the hickup

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

SOO.. sorry for the hickup

Post by Lord Hypno »

we were useing the old database for freezeteks servage account and servage just deleted it =[ so i had to restore from the back made a few day's ago e-mail me Hypno at lord hypno dot com if you have problems

Fear is The Mind Killer
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

Post by FreezeTek »

whoa, been getting some weird failures then success. hiccup fo r sure.
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

yea the old back up was pointing to domain/phpBB2/blah and the took me some time to figure out 1 how to get admin back and two change the setting with out loging in but it should be better now

how ever.......... i'm going to try and go to phpbb3 tonight (i know it's pushing my luck)

if there if a failure i have a full backup to this point so no worries
Last edited by Lord Hypno on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fear is The Mind Killer
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Lord Hypno wrote:yea the old back up was pointing to domain/phpBB2/blah and the took me some time to figure out 1 how to get admin back and two change the setting with out loging in but it should be better now

how every.......... i'm going to try and go to phpbb3 tonight (i know it's pushing my luck)
nice! hope you do better than I did last time I tried to upgrade to something.?.?.?
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

SOO.. sorry for the hickup....and welcome to PHPBB3

Post by Lord Hypno »

well the upgrade with fine as you may have noticed. new user registration works with anti-bot stuff in place. a visual check and the IP is checked against the spam black list. also thay must use a real e-mail address it checks to see if its real.

so well see how well it all works i could not find the old carbon2 theme and phpBB2 themes don't work on 3 so i went with this. there are a few more you can choose from in the user control Panel UCP at the top. other then that we should be good to go.

you may also notice Upload attachment at the bottom yes it will let you upload files but...BUT do not upload video and files to share. pics, torrent links, videos that your own the rights too fine and other thing's that won't get use in trouble. but i want to try and stay under the radar.

btw if you want to send a 20meg file form person to another use g-mail they have the space and bandwith

Fear is The Mind Killer
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Re: SOO.. sorry for the hickup

Post by Lord Hypno »

well so far so good how ever the visual Confirmation is crap 6 bots in 2 hours that's too high for me so i had to drop the Really COOL Gothic Default background so i could add a better anti-bot but fear not the cool one it there and if someone wants to look in to coding it it's just a bit beyond my php skills

Fear is The Mind Killer
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

whoa, evertime I log in, the board is different! lol

Please stop this madness...
We fear change.

8)
FreezeTek

Re: SOO.. sorry for the hickup....and welcome to PHPBB3

Post by FreezeTek »

Lord Hypno wrote:so well see how well it all works i could not find the old carbon2 theme and phpBB2 themes don't work on 3 so i went with this. there are a few more you can choose from in the user control Panel UCP at the top. other then that we should be good to go.
looks awesome,twilight is almost the same as the old charcoal theme, just never been a big fan of silver or subsilver

I should have given up the board a long time ago to get upgrades like this :lol:
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

Lord Hypno wrote:well so far so good how ever the visual Confirmation is crap 6 bots in 2 hours that's too high for me so i had to drop the Really COOL Gothic Default background so i could add a better anti-bot but fear not the cool one it there and if someone wants to look in to coding it it's just a bit beyond my php skills
:lol: I'm gonna have to do the logo again, it doesn't mix well with the new design heheh
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

FreezeTek wrote: looks awesome,twilight is almost the same as the old charcoal theme, just never been a big fan of silver or subsilver
yeah i added a logic question to along with the CAPCHA and i can only get it to show up in the sliver theme i'll poke at it some more and i believe stopmotion is going to look in to upgrading the CAPCHA. so well be good against bots how ever human that want to come and spam well

Fear is The Mind Killer
Nickel Dakota
Producer Extraordinaire

Post by Nickel Dakota »

Goodness!
Thank you all for all of your hard efforts keeping this board up! Especially kudos to you Lord Hypno. You are a star.
Downloadable, commercial Freeze Fetish films at: www.countdowntzebra.com
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Lord Hypno wrote:yeah i added a logic question to along with the CAPCHA and i can only get it to show up in the sliver theme i'll poke at it some more and i believe stopmotion is going to look in to upgrading the CAPCHA. so well be good against bots how ever human that want to come and spam well
does it allow non registered users to sleect a theme? if not then that should be fine since all non-users see the same theme anyway...

If we can turn on registering again the board will grow, my inability to put time into that definately slowed things down :?
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

i remember there was a mod that guest's would see a theme but logging in you would then get the default theme havent looked in to it yet.

to answer you question anyone new will see the theme sliver so yes registration is open admins still have to activate the account but its really dumb easy now and can be done by clicking a link in email. i dont want to turn on auto just yet but after the logic question and adding a must be 18 check i havent seen one bot. last night it was 1 a hour at least.

so we are open for business.... but till i get thing's the way i want there mite be a few changes (Sorry Jay)
the chat room and the .moblie mod so the board is cell phone friendly and different themes at log in it will take me time to learn php a little better but so far so good

i want either dark fantasy, hermes, twlight (not orange maybe blue or run) or carbon copy i think as the main when more people check back in i'll put it to a poll

Fear is The Mind Killer
FreezAntix
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by FreezAntix »

So with this new board set up and all. I remember LH saying something about members being promoted to Moderators...Just wondering what qualifies one to being promoted?