Nice layout sort of...

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
FreezAntix
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Nice layout sort of...

Post by FreezAntix »

First off thanks to all that worked hard in keeping the post up and running. I will keep the back up board up just in case for a little while longer. I like the the new layout...change is always a good thing. I however loved the old layout and prefer that, is there a reason why there was a change? Or was it just because the new beginning thing?
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

Re: Nice layout sort of...

Post by FreezeTek »

FreezAntix wrote:First off thanks to all that worked hard in keeping the post up and running. I will keep the back up board up just in case for a little while longer. I like the the new layout...change is always a good thing. I however loved the old layout and prefer that, is there a reason why there was a change? Or was it just because the new beginning thing?

So the old layout was just a theme for a much older version of the software for this type of forum. Lots of security holes, very dangerous to run. For the most part I removed moderator and all permissions from all accounts (even mine) in order to insure no pinhead hackers would hack the board and delete everything. The look and feel came from an old theme that matched the old version of the board.

Since we had to move everything Lord Hypno and others are trying to help us make the board more modern, so that we can allow user registration (my solution was to delete the user registration page, lol) Thus the new look and feel. Trust me it will all be better in the long run once we get all the kinks ironed out and people can register again. :mrgreen:
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

yea sorry about that the i tried for a hour but old carbon2 theme it's not compatibal with phpBB3 and i wanted to upgrade it makes the backend of the board much easyer to use and run. you dont need to keep the silver look there are a few different looks you can set under the user control panel UCP then look under Board Pref's My board style: i'm useing hermes at the moment. the crap silver is not what i wanted. but to the all the anti bot stuff it's the only one that worked. once i learn how it all works i'll do a poll of everyones favorite one. if you want to search the interweb's for phpBB2 styles http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/ has tons if you find one you like let me know and i'll install. but it must be for phpbb3 use the styles demo to see how they will look.

Fear is The Mind Killer
FreezAntix

Post by FreezAntix »

Completely understand guys. Thanks for explaining to me your reasons. I figured it was something like that. Like I said change is always a good thing. It'll take some getting use to but I think I could manage.
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

i added 5 more styles (well two really just one have 4 different colors) black box (red green blue yellow) and dark shines

Fear is The Mind Killer
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Lord Hypno wrote:i added 5 more styles (well two really just one have 4 different colors) black box (red green blue yellow) and dark shines

:D I used to have that vibrant energy when I 1st created the board :lol: don't know where it popped off too :arrow:

(always wondered when I would use the arrow smiley) :D
FreezAntix

Post by FreezAntix »

LH thanks for adding the new colors...Blackbox Red is AWESOME feels like home now as the old board display for looked like this.
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

wow blackbox blue for me like a deeper version of hermes
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

FreezeTek wrote:wow blackbox blue for me like a deeper version of hermes
I'll second that one. 8)
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"