if i wanted to make my own freeze films how should i start?

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
el salvador
400+

if i wanted to make my own freeze films how should i start?

Post by el salvador »

for awhile now i have really been thinking of making my own freeze films in the future.

freeze is not exactly as popular as i which it could be. how do u find models willing to perform something so unorthodox?? how should i begin.
timeguy
<25 FIMS Newbie

Re: if i wanted to make my own freeze films how should i start?

Post by timeguy »

yeah freeze is such a hard thing to propose, no matter what the situation. can you imagine telling your girlfriend or wife that that's what you're into? hell, even your friends?

freeze gets that awkward distinction of not being as interesting to the uninitiated as bondage, yet still weird in comparison to 'normal' things...

I think the best way to go about it is to sort of play on the sort of "loss of control" for the person who is freezing, and how that can lead to interesting things.
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

You could pass them off as art flicks being about showing the glory of the human form by stopping it.
Wishmaster
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Wishmaster »

If I were you, I'd talk with some of the existing producers. The market is kinda thin, maybe you can offer them some talent they are in need of (post production work, effects, whatever) - then you can coproduce and see how it goes. Of course that assume you are in the same area as them, but alot can happen over a cup of coffee.

Forgot to mention - don't think that it is weird, if you start out with the impression that it is weird people will think it is weird. The reality is (and has always been), people have kinks and it is what makes us normal and different. I'd avoid death (where the freeze is deadly), and instead focus on the preservation of life. But the bottom line is, if you pay enough the models will do almost anything (provided you advertise for the right type of model).
joetrai
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by joetrai »

There is an Asian vendor (probably Thai/ Korean/ Chinese/ Japanese) or rather that does fetish film production at a relatively okay price. I have exchanged mails with them because I thought of doing something similar - but did not have time to follow through with the project. The price for a normal 45 min freeze fetish film (no nudity) was around 2,000 bucks with cute models. . . this is full complete production. You get to choose your own models and write your own plots. After the movie is done, the production is yours to sell . . . so this is actually not a bad deal. And they do have a few really cute/ hot Asian models for this.

For R-rated stuff, the price is doubled or trippled . . . For x-rated stuff, I never actually asked . . . but probably looking at 7,000-8,000 USD. Again, if you are savvy enough, you could make this a good business and make some money - sell the copies for profits without the hassle of production. Plus - you get to write your own plot and create your own fantaties.

Anyway - this is my first contribution to this community. If anybody is interested let me know and I will help dig up the contact of this vendor. They really are quite professional.

Joe
Freezetag
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Freezetag »

How are you at animation? :) :wink:
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

Freezetag wrote:How are you at animation? :) :wink:
:lol: I tried that with poser. The results were kinda unsatisfactory (despite the fact that I was quite good at poser). It took me like 18 hours to produce less than 10 seconds of animation, I was so disappointed I never uploaded the results anywhere...
meh
FIMS Contributor

Post by meh »

Awww, come on araenae, let's see! :D
Seize the moment.

Literally.
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

meh wrote:Awww, come on araenae, let's see! :D
:lol: :lol: ok, but don't come back here saying "it sucks" 'cause I'm acutely aware of that! :lol:

I remember my frame of mind at that time, I was really committed to learn 3D and thought poser would be a nice start to get the basic gist of it, so I thought "Why not mixing one of my favorite fetishes and my learning goals in one sweet, self learning journey?" :lol: :lol:
In the end I learned how to texture 3D models, do bumpmaps, UV maps, and a lot of nerdy 3D jargon, but I couldn't actually model anything beyond the silly pot and the silly chair.... so I stopped trying and focused on the good 'ol 2D.
I made an awful lot of renders though, but all of them only caters the "R" side of ASFR, if you know what I mean
freezemovie_test.rar
A 46 seconds of silent freeze 3D characters lol
(5.21 MiB) Downloaded 762 times
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

araenae wrote:
:lol: :lol: ok, but don't come back here saying "it sucks" 'cause I'm acutely aware of that! :lol:

I remember my frame of mind at that time, I was really committed to learn 3D and thought poser would be a nice start to get the basic gist of it, so I thought "Why not mixing one of my favorite fetishes and my learning goals in one sweet, self learning journey?" :lol: :lol:
In the end I learned how to texture 3D models, do bumpmaps, UV maps, and a lot of nerdy 3D jargon, but I couldn't actually model anything beyond the silly pot and the silly chair.... so I stopped trying and focused on the good 'ol 2D.
I made an awful lot of renders though, but all of them only caters the "R" side of ASFR, if you know what I mean
freezemovie_test.rar

Wow, that does suck.

nah im just kidding :-)

Its a hell of a lot better then my past poser attempts
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

That Poser video wasn't bad, really, save for when the furniture went flying.

Another possibility for freeze films is making them hypno films with freeze elements and seeing if actresses liked that part.
meh
FIMS Contributor

Post by meh »

araenae wrote:

freezemovie_test.rar
I don't know why you didn't post this sooner, I really liked it. :D
Seize the moment.

Literally.
FreezAntix
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by FreezAntix »

I agree with Meh that really wasn't bad at all. It looked like a beginner did it but overall I think I has a lot of potential if you keep at it. Poser is super hard I tried learning it twice before giving up. Mad props to you for going as far as you have...I wish I was have as good as that. Did you only user poser to make that or did you use other programs too?
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

Zero wrote:That Poser video wasn't bad, really, save for when the furniture went flying.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, uh, the guy was supposedly a magician or something like that, I did it that way to avoid doing a complicated animation of the props being moved by the guy at the moment he gets closer to the lady (so nothing would be between the camera and the action scene). Maybe I can install Poser again and see how it works on a "modern" computer :lol:

But we're kinda derailing El Salvador's post, so I'll add my 2 cents to him:
Note: I'm assuming you want to make an adult freeze video (Rated R).

How to get a Model
If you can get a female friend to star a film on a low budget then go for it, otherwise I'd suggest you to check modelmayhem.com, that's the place where most asfr producers get their casts. There are models who have made films with freeze content for different producers, such as: You can be sure these models will not frown upon you if you ask them to star a freeze fetish video. If you hire a model for your film, be respectful and professional at all times. That way they'll give good references of you for future shootings.

Budget
One of the cool things of a freeze video is that there's no need for it to be hardcore/XXX to be good (hell, the model doesn't even need to be fully naked, or at least for me a good looking girl, with a nice body, very good acting skills would suffice on mere lingerie/sexy clothes), so the models won't charge you as much as a "regular pr0n" actress would do. What you need to have clear is the budget you could use on such enterprise. Again I haven't done this, but my guess would be like 2,000 USD to give you a kickstart for at least 1-2 videos (more if you're good at numbers :lol: ). Be aware that I have no idea how modelmayhem works, or if it's reliable, I'm just a customer for some ASFR producers and noticed they used the same models on different videos and a little googling landed me to their pages.

Sales
Once you're done shooting the film(s), you can open a studio account at clips4sale.com or nicheclips.com to sell your creations. As far as I know, they won't charge for opening a store, instead they take a percentage of every sale, so you have to calculate your revenue based on that. Try to shoot your video in the highest resolution possible and convert your film in several different formats to cater all your potential customer's computers/bandwidths. If you're planning to make a living out of this I'd say that the lifespan of an adult video is about a month, which is the time it will take for your customers to loose interest on it. So, a good advice would be to plan monthly or bi-monthly updates. Take feedback from your target, ask people here what they would like to see on such video, you can be sure they'll buy it if they see their ideas taken into consideration.

Logistics
Make sure you have a good location to shoot your video. By good I mean a place where you can shoot for as long as you can, on any time frame, without anything that can disturb your work, such as trains/planes/ambulances/wifes/kids :lol: passing. Sound is one of the major issues for video producers, as professional microphones are really expensive, and they have to rely mostly on their cameras internal mikes. Purchase a couple of cheap desk lamps and fit them with powerful bulbs to give your place extra lightning (a video will always look brighter on the LCD screen of your camera, than on your computer.)
If you live and/or you're planning to sell your videos in the United States you must be aware of the laws regarding adult material, such as 18 USC 2257, which demands all producers of adult photos/videos/DVDs etc. to keep a "proof of adulthood" (read: ID) for every person involved in the producing of such materials, on a real world address which must be accessible for any authority to ask at office hours. I'm not sure how that works if you're only selling your videos through a third party though.

Well, that's all I can think for now, I hope you find some of this info useful. Of course, let us know how it goes, and don't forget to PM me if you want a kickass webdesign for your site :D
joetrai
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by joetrai »

For 2,000 dollars, you can get the whole production done for you by a vendor and all you need to do is write a script. I know a few Asian vendors who would be willing to complete this work for about 2,000 bucks . . . perhaps a video length about 45-60 min. Semi professional production and really young pretty Asian models.

I have commissioned them to do some work for me - and the way this works is . . . you write them a script, they send a first cut of the video back to me, i make comments, they make one more change . . . then i make final comments --> and they delivered the final product to me.

It was all pretty efficient - and we turned around the video in less than 60 days. I guess they would be okay with 3 small segments of 20-min videos too.

Let me know if anybody is interested in this, and I will help coordinate with the producer.