LMC forum Hacked???

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

LMC forum Hacked???

Post by FreezeTek »

Anyone else getting a strange link when attempting to go to the LMC forum?
Beatnik100

Post by Beatnik100 »

I see it too. It looks similar to the one that happened at Fembot Central last year. I think that there was a virus that was wiping out boards.
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Yeah it looked familiar to me too. Anyone know how to defend against such things? I backed my board up today so worse case I can rewrite it in a couple minutes. But I'd rather not see it happen.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Yeah something is wrong for sure...I'm getting a picture of Jesus, and if you scroll to the bottom there is some kkk guy. Wake me up when it's over! :roll:
Shoryuu Reppa
Fists of Fury

Post by Shoryuu Reppa »

I see the same thing with a Jesus saying you got owned and a KKK guy scrolling at the bottom. It's weird cause when I went there it was starting up ok but then that stuff took up the screen and messed it up, though you can still log in at the bottom of the page.

its hackers

Post by guest »

its some stupid haxor. they crack into a bunch of different sites(mostly gaming sites) they are a bunch of poser wannabee "bad boys" of the internet. basically, dosman would have to register in their forum and ask them to put his forum back to normal. after he cowtows to them long enough, im sure theyll fix it.

alternativly, i suppose he could contact the authorities. But i'm not sure if that will help anything. i hope this helps. i just read their faq and about sections on g00ns.net .

stupid sons o'....
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Where's DOSMAN??? Why would anyone hack the forum(I mean we're such an obscure community) When will it get fixed???

Post by Guest »

BasicTek wrote:Where's DOSMAN??? Why would anyone hack the forum(I mean we're such an obscure community) When will it get fixed???
that i don't know. based on what i could find out, dosman will need to register on the page that the "buddy Jesus" image links to. once he does that, he'll have to ask why they did what they did and then they'll hopefully restore it. but yeah i really dont know. thank goodness theres at least some people that know to come here to this site.
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Damn!!! DOSMAN is giving it up???

Just read this
Happy New Years, LMC Visitors!

As a New Years gift, the LMC message board was destroyed by hackers. All of the messages were lost. It was a selfish act, committed by the individuals at g00n-forum.net. I apologize to anyone who received emails from the hackers by being a member of this forum.

Unfortunately, they are skilled 'professionals' and are immune to any sort of revenge attack. Their own forum brags about their accomplishments.

I want to take this time to thank everyone who had contributed to the forum, and the ones that existed in this space before it.

I would like to think that everyone here will be asking the same question...will the forum return? Sadly, the answer to that question is that it will not be returning. In March, the freezemodeling.com domain will expire, and I have no plans to renew it.

Thank you...Dosman!
Shoryuu Reppa
Fists of Fury

Post by Shoryuu Reppa »

Damn, why did someone have to do this? Because of this, the forum will be gone and the domain will expire as well. Perhaps someone will start another LMC forum because it would see it be gone forever. Someone should revive the forum if the domain doesn't return.

Post by Guest »

:cry:
I just posted some really cool pics.
Oh well

:D

Post by Guest »

The domain expires on the 4th March BTW
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Well I just heard from Dosman and he is indeed throwing in the towel. Apparently all the threads in his forum were deleted - lost forever. This is a sad way to launch a new year for our community but alas what can you do.

PS: if anyone knows how to prevent a brute force PHPBB2 attack please let me know. via PM.

Post by Guest »

PHP is very insecure a lot of hosting companys have banned it and I dunno if their is any thing to protect yours.

Post by Guest »

Is dos going to shut the site now or leave it until the domain expires because I don't really see any point keeping it online any more.
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

I'm sure he'll probably leave what's left up but the forum is gone forever.

I figured out a way to stop a brute force attack by removing admin rights from my accounts through SQL. I can always add them back when needed so now this forum is safe at least.

Post by Guest »

:lol:
OK

Post by Guest »

OK
monkeyjr
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by monkeyjr »

Wow! Those people are the most idiotic imbecils I've ever heard of. Not talking about you guys of course.

Post by Guest »

Well, it's really unfortunate that Dosman decided to close up shop, especially after those moron hackers (such CHILDREN!) decided to mess with the forum, but in his defense he worked to manage the LMC for many years now, and I'm sure we can all agree the guy deserves a break.

Well... hopefully (unless Dosman changes his mind - it's not too late!!!) the vaccuum left by the LMC message board will be filled by others, possibly sites like this very message board...

I know I for one will start posting more frequently here in the future... hmm maybe I should get an ID! :)
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

We are all just going to have to try and step up a bit to help fill the void that its going to leave. We all(this meaning people from the LMC also) need to decide on a "meeting place". Maybe a central forum of some kind. I gotta also work on getting another yahoo ID, I am also thinking about getting another group going.
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

well I've created new forums for the LMC users and I'll ask Dosman tomorrow to add a link to my site. as far as I know I have the closest thing to the LMC going right now. Maybe I can even mirror his site but we could always use a new contributor to carry the torch...

I don't update my site anymore cept via message board and FTP. Was even thinking of killing the HTTP part due to my lack of experience building web pages. Anyway if there is someone that wishes to carry the torch for the LMC please speak up and I'll do whatever I can to help out.

BT