Board problems

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Board problems

Post by Lord Hypno »

so the board is having a problem accessing the sql server, it's maxing out 150000 questions an hour and i don't know how to fix it, servage does not allow me to add users to the database so i can't add the multi user fix to phpbb. so i dont kow what to do.

any one have any thought's

Fear is The Mind Killer
meh
FIMS Contributor

Re: Board problems

Post by meh »

Did something in the server config or software change that would cause this? It seemed to just start happening.
Seize the moment.

Literally.
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

nothing i did and servage say's no. i have turned off the access to all the Spider's and i'm thinking about limiting the guest's so they don't see the board at all. just a Guest forum

Fear is The Mind Killer
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

Post by FreezeTek »

What is reporting this? the SQL server admin Panel? servage? Do you think it's some type of bot attack? I never had any issues but I also used to have to lock out guest access due to spam on the old version of phpbb2. There shouldn't be anything about this board that's anywhere near that #

Regards,

FT
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

the board goes offline and the only thing it display's is that we are over your max questions, and it gives an error code. i googled it and something is making the board quarry the sql server. it could be a bot attack tho i would think servage would be able to tell from what they see it's a problem with phpbb . i don't know next time it happens I'll get a screen shot also if you see it the board is not dead just offline

Fear is The Mind Killer