Can anyone help me track down old Hall of Statuary Images?

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Can anyone help me track down old Hall of Statuary Images?

Post by Leem »

For some time now I've been searching on the Internet Archive for the remains of the old Hall of Statuary site, and I'm pleased to report that I've found most of the original pages. Of course, IA is notoriously capricious when it comes to recovering images, but I've been able to find copies of most of the missing ones from other sources. I also failed to retrieve the Stone Pics II page.

Whether or not I'll ever ask, or be granted, permission to repost the site remains to be seen, but I'd really like to be able to recover the missing material if only for the sake of completeness. If anyone has any of these files, or knows where they might be, please let me know either here or via leem 10538a *t hotm*il d*t c*m (please include subject line to avoid deletion as spam).

The files I'm missing, in their intended order of appearance, are:

Stone Pics: 3stone.jpg - Bob; gm10osht.jpg - Jaye Stregyr (a rare male pic, which strangely appears to be missing from Studs in Stone); ecada41.gif - Bob; femstatue.gif - AnOnYmOuS

Gold pics: ogon3cv.jpg - video cover; lesgold.jpg - Bob; neriah02gold.jpg - Bob

Freeze pics: feature3.jpg - AnOnYmOuS; froze500.jpg - submitted by Hypno; froze7.jpg - submitted by Hypno; froze6.jpg - submitted by Hypno; frz.jpg - pulp magazine cover, submittd by Basilisk; icebx1.jpg - AnOnYmOuS; icebx4.jpg - AnOnYmOuS; 14un_1.jpg - AnOnYmOuS; 14un_2.jpg - AnOnYmOuS; cryosleep.jpg - AnOnYmOuS;

Fun with Metals: zoom02.jpg - AnOnYmOuS; silvera.jpg - AnOnYmOuS;

Your Assignment Images: ya4.jpg; ya12.jpg; ya10.jpg; ya6.jpg

Stone Pics II: hosgall5.html (entire page and images wanted)
NB: If any full-size images are missing their thumbnails it doesn't matter because I can always create new ones from the originals.

Crossing my fingers in hope and anticipation...
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Re: Can anyone help me track down old Hall of Statuary Images?

Post by Leem »

UPDATE: I've now been sent a whole bunch of HoS files, with the possibility that the sender may have a few more stashed away somewhere. Still leaves quite a lot of image gaps, but I've filled in a few.

PLEASE ADD TO LIST: Fun with Metals - kona01.jpg

PLEASE DELETE FROM LIST: Stone Pics - ecada41.gif - Bob; Freeze Pics - froze500.jpg - Hypno; Your Assignment Images: ya4.jpg

The new files also include a page on ASFR comics, which has a whole bunch of omissions of its own... but one thing at a time, eh.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?