William Asher

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
Guy Talon

William Asher

Post by Guy Talon »

Consider this...

William Asher was a writer and director for the Bewitched series, wrote the Beach Party movies of Annette Funnicello, all of which included freeze scenes, plus he directed a slew of Twilight Zone episodes, directed the I Dream of Jeannie reunion movie (which includes a wonderful freeze scenes), directed the Tabitha series (which includes memorable freezes), and directed I Love Lucy episodes (which included freezes now and then).

I wouldn't be surprised if this man was a freeze fetishist, since he had such creative input on all these shows and movies. It would be an incredible coincidence.
the miz

Post by the miz »

i have never seen clips of the beach party movies. does anyone have them.
Freeze Fan

Post by Freeze Fan »

Can any describe them at least?
Guy Talon

Post by Guy Talon »

I have the movies in my netflix list, so I will eventually report about them.

I heard about it through the male-asfr yahoo group, which is sometimes a good source for rare freezes that involve women. I am assuming that most of the freezes are guys, but you never know...
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

i think the ghost in the invisable bikni has a freeze of a group of people there's a few other ones but they dont really stand out (nothing great)

oh and i should be getting Fast lane to Vegas Tommrow so i'll post the freezes from there (i hope there ok )

Fear is The Mind Killer
anthryax
FIMS Contributor

god I am old

Post by anthryax »

I saw all of the Beach Party movies, and yes, freezes were very common, although not many female freezes that I can remember.

Of course I haven't seen one in over 20 years, so I could be mistaken.

They are amusing though.
Basilisk
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Basilisk »

There is a great scene in one of the Frankie and Annette movies (don't remember which) where the biker badguy (Eric von Zipper), has two molls that are into yoga. They always wear black leotards and tights, and go so deep into a yoga trance that at one point, they topple over backwards like dummies when touched, their legs still stuck crosslegged. I remember it fondly.

The von Zipper character is in all the movies, but I think this may have been one of the earlier ones.

Perusing IMDB, he was actually married to Elizibeth Montgomery. Nice. Timestop was a staple of magic type shows back then, so I'm not so sure he was "into it". He also directed the "Dukes of Hazzard", and never squeezed in a frozen Daisy (dangit).

It's too bad we can't go back to those days- frozen and wax museum statue girls were a staple of horror from the 30s-60s as well. I'm afraid the "damsel in distress" plotline, where so much fetishism springs- from light bondage to statue bondage- has been relegated to the trash heap by "PC" Hollywood.

Bas

Edit- I've just been perusing through the bio tree at IMDB. In a six-degrees-of-ASFR-separation coincidence, William Asher divorced Elizabeth Montgomery and married Joyce Bulifant, adopting her son from a previous marriage. The son went on to play Gary Wallace on 'Weird Science', and his real-life mom Joyce played his TV mother. I believe she is the wicked witch mother who freezes all the hot girls to steal their beauty, in one of my very favo-rite clips of all time.

The son is also married to Jenny McCarthy, who would make a very pleasing statue.

Post by Guest »

Lord Hypno wrote:
oh and i should be getting Fast lane to Vegas Tommrow so i'll post the freezes from there (i hope there ok )
I am interested in hearing how the freezes are!