Site update

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

Site update

Post by FreezeTek »

Well I've been suspecting that this site has been infiltrated by a hacker somehow and have taken steps to eliminate the threat. Over 10 GIG has been deleted from various folders including secret, private, and http only. This has led me to believe that my admin FTP password/acct has been compromised(not hard to do considering I was using default FTP protocol to connect in plain text).

Anyway I just sold another servage account and that extends my lease up to mid June. I may reconsider keeping this site open if I deem it worthy in the next couple months.

If you would like to contribute please help in one of the following areas.

1) Keep the contributions coming. Nothing helps more than new contributions

2) Volunteers needed to rewrite the main site in a more modern code that is easy to update. It should be obvious by now that my HTML skills aren't getting any better. I would like volunteers that are willing to whip up a new site and help me maintain it. I can offer a private FTP account accessing all the sites files. Please post or PM me if interested.

3) Help me come up with a name and theme for the site Basic sharing just seems a little drab. Any ideas please PM or post. Thanks.,
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Re: Site update

Post by tinyspider »

FreezeTek wrote:
2) Volunteers needed to rewrite the main site in a more modern code that is easy to update. It should be obvious by now that my HTML skills aren't getting any better. I would like volunteers that are willing to whip up a new site and help me maintain it. I can offer a private FTP account accessing all the sites files. Please post or PM me if interested.
Count me in on this one
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Check your PM's araenae and thanks
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Well, to give you all an update...

Thanks to tighter security, and soon a new face to this site thanks to araenae, I will continue to keep the site up and running. Some things to look forward to in the coming months.

1) A new look and name to the current site (much more modern)

2) All contributers clips on the current site will be transferred to directories in what is currently called the public FTP site.

3) Website and forum URLs will change

4) Servage continues to upgrade and that means more files to share and more bandwidth to share them.

All and all everything looks good from this point on
meh
FIMS Contributor

Post by meh »

Awesome news FT. :)
Seize the moment.

Literally.
juva
FIMS Contributor

Post by juva »

Excellent!!

Just some new content and we will all be happy.:);)