Stuckposing down

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Stuckposing down

Post by Leem »

The Stuckposing forum has been down for several days now. Does anyone know what's happening or care?
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
window dressee
50+ FIMS Regular

Re: Stuckposing down

Post by window dressee »

there was a notice from dosman, the bill is due again.

When I checked back next morning to ask, the site was already gone ...

This year I have no money left; last year there was at least one other sponsor ...
(I can forward offers I get via PM on this board here ...)

window dressee
Dosman
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Dosman »

Although I appreciate offers to keep Stuckposing.com going, there really wasn't anything there but a forum.
It's been difficult to keep moderators and interest in the site going, so I've decided to let it go.

I think that the forum here at FIMS is much nice and more popular.

Thanks again,
Dosman!
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

if you would like a few more on topic Forums area's just let me know

Fear is The Mind Killer
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

The very first ASFR related website that I ever came across on my first visit to the internet was "The Living Mannequin Circle", (Thanksgiving Day 2003). That day opened up so many possibilities and ushered in a whole new era into my life. Until that point, I had no idea that there were others into this so-called "freeze fetish" (or even what the terms "fetish" or "ASFR" even meant, for that matter). By February 2004 I had completed and turned in the first two chapters of 'Girls Under Glass' to the LTBSA - a link that I surely found through The Living Mannequin Circle. In time, the LMC gradually evolved into Stuckposing and by then I had already taken up residence here on FIMS. But I will be forever grateful to Dosman and so many others who planted that initial seed, and I thank you for your time and efforts for making that website even possible! :D
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Prospero
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Prospero »

I echo those sentiments.
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Corey Fantoccini »

I suppose maintaining two message boards is impractical in the current climate; I'd just like to be able to have the posts from Stuckposing available to revisit - helpful stuff like rating videos and camgirls was found there that, for some reason, wasn't posted here.
el salvador
400+

Post by el salvador »

Corey Fantoccini wrote:I suppose maintaining two message boards is impractical in the current climate; I'd just like to be able to have the posts from Stuckposing available to revisit - helpful stuff like rating videos and camgirls was found there that, for some reason, wasn't posted here.
which camgirls?
icantmove
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by icantmove »

Dosman wrote:Although I appreciate offers to keep Stuckposing.com going, there really wasn't anything there but a forum.
It's been difficult to keep moderators and interest in the site going, so I've decided to let it go.

I think that the forum here at FIMS is much nice and more popular.

Thanks again,
Dosman!
I was an admin on the site and to be honest there was not much to moderate as we had a good group of members there . Sadly i spent more time sifting through/deleting hundreds of spammers trying to join the site.

But I do thank Dosman for letting me be part of Stuckposing it was a good experience overall :)
HypnoGold
Producer Extraordinaire

Post by HypnoGold »

Is there any way to move the threads from that board onto this one? Just so we can have an archive of those posts for reference.
icantmove
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by icantmove »

You'll have to check with Dosman on that. Unfortunately I don't have access to anything.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Corey Fantoccini wrote:I suppose maintaining two message boards is impractical in the current climate; I'd just like to be able to have the posts from Stuckposing available to revisit - helpful stuff like rating videos and camgirls was found there that, for some reason, wasn't posted here.
Corey, there's a 6 page thread on here dedicated to cam contacts.
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
el salvador
400+

Post by el salvador »

zapped! wrote:

maybe there were other camgirls on that forum?
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Corey Fantoccini »

el salvador wrote:
zapped! wrote:

maybe there were other camgirls on that forum?
Yes, there were some names and personal experiences mentioned at the other site that weren't mentioned here.

But that's just an example of the fact that, while many of our conversations may be essentially the same, there were a few "exclusives" to the other board that I'd like to be able to refer back to is all. Sure, if it can't be done, we'll all survive, but I just wanted to at least see if those could be recovered.
simonjedi
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by simonjedi »

Have you tried the Internet Wayback Machine?

I'm sure that we can salvage a significant portion of the old boards.

Maybe we can have a 'Stuckposing Archive' board here, where we all put important threads, stories ect?
el salvador
400+

Post by el salvador »

I just want ot know some of the camgirls that were mentioned. :?
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

simonjedi wrote:Have you tried the Internet Wayback Machine?

I'm sure that we can salvage a significant portion of the old boards.

Maybe we can have a 'Stuckposing Archive' board here, where we all put important threads, stories ect?
Unfortunately the Wayback Machine doesn't do so well at archiving message boards. I've found some Stuckposing index pages from before 2012, but couldn't get any actual messages.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

i'm on the fence about saying this ... but i can make stuckposing.basictek.net and you could install phpbb but you'll need the database and i have to say it's alot of work.
that being said i'm ok with seting up the domain and importing the database, BUT i dont want to install a copy of php bb i can give someone or a few someone's Ftp access

if you really want to get the info

i'm not sure how a database merge would work so merging the 2 boards ( i'm ok with the idea and willing to try) just not sure if i can merge on a thread by thread basis,

*EDIT* ok doing some poking at phpbb here i can back up some stuff BUT a restore is tricky as it overwrites and does not merge so. stuckposing would have to be set up on it's own, then edited to match the format here. then a selective backup is made and then do a restore here and it may work. but that's seams to be the only way to do a merge unless there is a MOD or tool i don't know about

Fear is The Mind Killer
CupC
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by CupC »

some parallelthread:
is it possible (and how much money is needed?) to leave under stuckposing.com a static website redirecting to this board (and maybe similar sites like LTBSA)?
For all the people who had not yet found this site and now lose contact ...
(side note: I fear to fall behind myself as soon as the www-based sites freeze finally and everything happens on facebook, google+ or some smartphone-based technologies ...)
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

CupC wrote:some parallelthread:
is it possible (and how much money is needed?) to leave under stuckposing.com a static website redirecting to this board (and maybe similar sites like LTBSA)?
For all the people who had not yet found this site and now lose contact ...
(side note: I fear to fall behind myself as soon as the www-based sites freeze finally and everything happens on facebook, google+ or some smartphone-based technologies ...)
well a domain name is at most $15 a year , i can park it at my host for free but you would have to talk to who ever own's the name, i use namecheap.com it would cost 9.98 for a year if it was transfred there

Fear is The Mind Killer
window dressee
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by window dressee »

Lord Hypno wrote: well a domain name is at most $15 a year , i can park it at my host for free but you would have to talk to who ever own's the name, i use namecheap.com it would cost 9.98 for a year if it was transfred there
Dosman should know whether he owns the name or who else ...

dosman?
Dosman
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Dosman »

The domain is owned by servage. Based on how they email me daily asking me to rejoin, I would say that they will sit on the domain until it expires in May, hoping that I'll come back.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

Dosman wrote:The domain is owned by servage. Based on how they email me daily asking me to rejoin, I would say that they will sit on the domain until it expires in May, hoping that I'll come back.
Does that mean when it expires they'll offer it for sale at an inflated price?