Naga's down

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Naga's down

Post by Leem »

The nagasden domain (both site and forum) has been offline for some time now. Sigh. It's not like it hasn't happened before, but this time around it's come months after Darin said there was an update coming. I don't suppose anyone's heard from him?
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Re: Naga's down

Post by Leem »

OK... after a week there have been 100 views and no reply. Sigh.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
window dressee
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by window dressee »

what to say?
it's sad to see domains going, but all ASFR-news seem to concentrate here on this board;
maybe the actitvity moved from this kind of forum towards something else (facebook?? smartphone-apps? can anyone give a hint?!?)

Maybe it's our kind of fetish - once the heroine is frozen / a mannequin / a doll / a marionett, she is no longer able to post on any kind of system?!?

There was your message about "The Pygmalion Syndrom: Update about lack of updates" ...

I wished also,
there are static websites under the old domain, pointing towards this board here, and similar sites.
At least for stuckposing, we learned in the parallel thread, that the hosting service owns the domain.
Therefore:
Lord Hypno, is it possible to construct a page,
named basictek.net/stuckposing.html (or similar)
which is found by search engines?

window dressee
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

window dressee wrote: Lord Hypno, is it possible to construct a page,
named basictek.net/stuckposing.html (or similar)
which is found by search engines?

window dressee
Sure it would be stuckposting.basicteck.net or/and basictek.net/stuckposing/ if you want we could even register something with ASFR in the name.
i'm going to keep lordhypno up for a long time and i have LOAD's of extra bandwidth i never use so i don't mind hosting so sites

what do you want to put there ?

EDIT: ok so a acted impulsively and i now own ASFR.Org Soo what should we do with it ? Don't everyone talk at once should FIMS move and mearge with other boards ? or start over ? we'll need a logo sadly i was going to use robotdlol's one from asfr.com but the way back machine as a shorter memory then i do

Fear is The Mind Killer
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

Naga's wasn't just about ASFR. It had all kinds of TF art. It just so happens I have a complete cache of the site from a few months ago (though not the forums, which would take too much space anyway). So there's the possibility of restoring the site as a legacy mirror, assuming Darin/Naga wouldn't mind.
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

Leem wrote:Naga's wasn't just about ASFR. It had all kinds of TF art. It just so happens I have a complete cache of the site from a few months ago (though not the forums, which would take too much space anyway). So there's the possibility of restoring the site as a legacy mirror, assuming Darin/Naga wouldn't mind.

and IMHO the ASFR tag is more the just robots at least it used to be a catch all from Pygmalion thru technosexual stuff
space is not a problem i have unlimited space and bandwith (with in reason) a message board or 4 is not going to break the bank

in cans you missed it i edited the last mesage "ok so a acted impulsively and i now own ASFR.Org Soo what should we do with it ? Don't everyone talk at once should FIMS move and mearge with other boards ? or start over ? we'll need a logo sadly i was going to use robotdlol's one from asfr.com but the way back machine as a shorter memory then i do"

Fear is The Mind Killer
greneker03
400+

Post by greneker03 »

Lord Hypno,
I think this would be ultimately the best time to use ASFR.org as the main location and have all other facets fall into them, whether it be direct links to branch off or simply a one stop place.

This could also be a great place to have each of the divisions split and be defined, whether it be dolls and mannequins, statues, or robots or whatever.
perhaps working with fembotcentral to also link and vice versa.

Just a thought.
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

greneker03 wrote:Lord Hypno,
I think this would be ultimately the best time to use ASFR.org as the main location and have all other facets fall into them, whether it be direct links to branch off or simply a one stop place.

This could also be a great place to have each of the divisions split and be defined, whether it be dolls and mannequins, statues, or robots or whatever.
perhaps working with fembotcentral to also link and vice versa.

Just a thought.
sure i'm down with that sound's great (i just don't what to do it all myself)

Fear is The Mind Killer
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

By the way, speaking of the asfr.com logo...

Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

Leem wrote:By the way, speaking of the asfr.com logo...

like this ? http://asfr.org/

Fear is The Mind Killer
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

OK, well as I write this at some ungodly hour local time, Naga's website is back but the forum isn't.

I hope it does get back. Having just one forum seems a bit lonely.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

And it's down again. "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable".
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

And it's up again. OK, if it keeps coming and going, I (probably) won't keep reporting it. I just wish I knew if Naga was still planning an update. I also wish I knew whether the forum was going to return. Long sigh. :cry: