ASFR.ORG

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

ASFR.ORG

Post by Lord Hypno »

ok we have been talking lately about the loss of stuckposing and now naga's den. i had offered to Host them, but did not think basictek was a Great sounding ASFR domain So i registered ASFR.org

NOW... what are we going to do with it, i still am waiting on hearing form Naga's Den and Stuckposing. should it be like Many-realms and just make it a landing page that point's to everyone? or what.

i'm willing to host a few thing's, make sub-domain's and redirect's, how ever the heavy lifting php/html stuff i really don't want to so

idea's ? offers to help what do we collectively what to do with it ?

Fear is The Mind Killer
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Re: ASFR.ORG

Post by Leem »

It occurs to me that there's a lot of ASFR-related art and photomanips on deviantART and Yahoo Groups, maybe also on Flickr and other places... there ought to be a page linking to as many of those art sources as we can find.

In the longer term, it would be great if somebody could launch a new site to assemble some of that art in one place, kinda like a new version of the Medusa Realm. I'd toyed with the idea myself, but the objection was the amount of work it would take, contacting the artists, downloading the files, preparing pages and thumbnails... And in the case of somebody like Sunstrider there's just such a huge and ever-growing body of work it'd be a nightmare, unless somebody could figure out a way to automate the process.

Speaking of Medusa Realm, I've got a cached version of that site, including dozens of recovered images that are still listed as missing on the official site - and no go-ahead from Dmuk to post them, so it's still in limbo. Sigh.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Re: ASFR.ORG

Post by Lord Hypno »

Leem wrote:It occurs to me that there's a lot of ASFR-related art and photomanips on deviantART and Yahoo Groups, maybe also on Flickr and other places... there ought to be a page linking to as many of those art sources as we can find.

In the longer term, it would be great if somebody could launch a new site to assemble some of that art in one place, kinda like a new version of the Medusa Realm. I'd toyed with the idea myself, but the objection was the amount of work it would take, contacting the artists, downloading the files, preparing pages and thumbnails... And in the case of somebody like Sunstrider there's just such a huge and ever-growing body of work it'd be a nightmare, unless somebody could figure out a way to automate the process.

Speaking of Medusa Realm, I've got a cached version of that site, including dozens of recovered images that are still listed as missing on the official site - and no go-ahead from Dmuk to post them, so it's still in limbo. Sigh.

there is some easy photo gallery programs i can install Coppermine and Gallery V3, and i know they support watermarking and allow user account's to upload stuff muck like Flickr. so someone could upload one or 2 and link to there other gallary

Fear is The Mind Killer