DVD Ripping problems

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

DVD Ripping problems

Post by FreezeTek »

I have been having tons of problems ripping DVD's to AVI or MPEG with pirated software.

So I bought legal software from DVD Wizard and still having problems

My main problem is that no matter what codec I choose there is a problem with the audio and video being in sync. If I rip it bad I cannot make good clips. Any help would be appreciated
Wishmaster
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Wishmaster »

Hey Same here, let me know if you find the secret. I am currently trying to get some clips of the Cutey honey episodes and Collectible up. I have the Cutey Honey DVD with all the episodes, and there is some mild ASFR content aside from the Jewel Princess show where she turns people to statues.
yendis

Post by yendis »

To rip from DVD, I use dvd shrink to capture the segment I want. Then I use virtual-dub to convert the VOB files to divx format.

Useful links:
http://www.videohelp.com/
http://www.doom9.org/
yendis

Post by yendis »

Hi BasicTek,

I 'm not sure what software you use. But I use TMPGenc3XP and has the same problems. I noticed this usually happens when I tried to encode it in mpeg2 format. But when I encode the same clip to mpeg1 (vcd format), the out of sync problem disappears.

And BTW, the DVD shrink and VirtualDub I mentioned in the post above are freeware available from the above sites.
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Really trying to avoid the 2 step process if at all possible.

Wondering if maybe my onboard video card could be causing the problem. Everything on my computer is top notch cept the video.

Maybe I'll have to try the 2 step process. Got a bunch of Space 1999 as soon as I can RIP them right.
yendis

Post by yendis »

Correction;

For DVD VOB files to avi, I use DVDx not VirtualDub. The latter mostly use for DV tape to avi conversion.
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Just downloaded two new tools that supposedly can RIP DVD to DIVX or other types of encoded AVI's

Anyone have any experience with ImToo DVD Ripper or Super DVD Ripper???

I have to warn you don't buy DVD Wizard Pro it's a scam I think and they haven't responded to any of my many emails yet.

I'll keep you all posted and maybe put any tools that work for me on the FTP site
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

ImToo is AWESOME!!! :D

I can't believe I wasted money on DVD Wizard Pro. :cry:

Anyway all contributors can try ImToo on my FTP site.

Can RIP DVD's from any portion to any portion. Set your resolution choose any codec. There doesn't seem to be much of a synchronizing problem with audio and video but it's not 100% perfect either but pretty close.