bit torrent client

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
hypnofreeze
<25 FIMS Newbie

bit torrent client

Post by hypnofreeze »

Hey,

I occasionally see files available via bit torrent and am interested in the concept.

I am looking for recommendations for software that is malware and virus free.

Also, what do you use to hide your IP address?

Thanks in advance.
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Re: bit torrent client

Post by Lord Hypno »

currently i use "qtorrent" and "private internet access" i have used ??Torrent and in the old days i liked it but lately it's been too flashy for me. nowadays you can use an android also if you don't what to leave your pc on.

i use Ttorrent pro for android it have a web interface it's a little clunky to add torrents but on the multi-day 70gb doctor who torrent it was worth it.
if you really feel like a cool project (one i'm going to do soon) is a rapsberrypi 2 and a torrent/DNLA box and just remote desktop to it

private internet access has loads of options on how to set it up just remember to set your DNS servers in your router to their servers just so you don't get and dns leaks

Fear is The Mind Killer
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

Ive been using Deluge lately and like it quite a bit.
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

Post by FreezeTek »

used to use utorrent the smallest and fastest client I've seen but it started having problems and I didn't want to upgrade so now I use tixati,
DarkNS
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by DarkNS »

- Transmission
- Deluge
- BitTorrent (The official/original one)
timekill
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by timekill »

WOW, people STILL use torrents, its soooooo last week...lol. torrents are a dangerous game, everything you download can be seen EASILY by your ISP, and despite what people tell you you can not ACTUALLY hide your IP address with torrents (but you can mask it to a cetain degree). changing DNS will not mask your IP. and depending on the torrent client you can look at the ip address of who is connected to you. In Canada as an example, it is LEGAL to download copyrighted material IF it is for personal use ONLY. if i owned a copy of Star Wars on DVD then i can LEGALLY download a pirated copy for back up purposes. i cannot however, broadcast it, share it, sell it, or give it away. if i used a torrent to download it then it would be ILLEGAL, why? Because i would be then SHARING it to others as you upload 2x what you download with torrents. if HOWEVER, i downloaded Star Wars from a hosting site, THEN it would be LEGAL as its a direct download and you would not be sharing with anyone. i stopped using torrents 10 years ago, as i can get anything on torrents on hosting sites and you can hide your IP if nessessary with a proxy.
With torrents you might as well stick a light house on top of your house as you are HIGHLY visable to your IP an they like to throttle internet speeds with torrents. ( this is why you should change the default port numbers of the torrent)