Forums Down!!! Holy Shit that sucked!!!!

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

Forums Down!!! Holy Shit that sucked!!!!

Post by FreezeTek »

OK so this is the deal,

After reading up on the phpBB2 board I realized I should be running the most current version of phpBB2.

So I download the upgrade and proceed to follow the steps to upgrade. #1 and all IT folks will appreciate this. BACK UP the board and the database. Which thank god I did or so I thought.

Anyway the upgrade was a complete dissaster as you know if you visited the board since yesterday afternoon. Well last night I tried the rollback of restoring the backups but they didn't work!!!! Board still down big time.

So I then tried to creat a new board and migrate my backups to it. NOPE not happening. I thought all was lost. Then I started doing compares of the files between another forum and this one and low and behold I found that for some reason at least 3 files were not backed up??? Well restoring them seems to have the forum back to some type of working order.

Please report any problems in this thread and I will attempt to address all of them. My guess I'm not out of the woods yet. Well that's the story and I'm sticking to it. Where do you enroll in phpBB2 class LOL :idea:
Last edited by FreezeTek on Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Corey Fantoccini »

Whew. I was worried that the mean-spirited hackers that have played havoc with Dosman decided to travel over here. Dare I say it, but what a relief it is to know that the problems are inadvertent and self-inflicted. :?