converting video files on a mac

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
frozenchrissy
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

converting video files on a mac

Post by frozenchrissy »

so for some reason windows media player does not work on my computer anymore, even though i re-installed it. i don't know what to do so then i saw someone's post in this forum about converting videos. the software looks awesome but it is only for pc's.

does anyone know of any free or low-cost video conversion software for mac users???

thanks!!!
frozenchrissy
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

or...???

Post by frozenchrissy »

or if anyone is good with macs and might be able to suggest what i can do to fix windows media player that would be awesome too. basically i install it and it installs fine and i am sure to use the right version for mac os X...but instead of the program icon (like the windows media player thingie) it just has the generic "application" icon and when i try to run it it doesn't do anything...just freezes up.

like maybe six months ago...windows media player worked fine for me. it's weird.
Kaiser Wilhelm
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by Kaiser Wilhelm »

I have a mac too. Unfortunately, .wmv files don't convert easily-as far as I know- so you'd have to keep trying the program. I would suggest versiontracker.com and then search .wmv If there's a converter, this site will know and will let you download it.
Dosman!
FIMS Contributor

Post by Dosman! »

You could upload the video to YouTube and watch it there, and then just hold onto the wmv files until your personal computer is feeling better.
-Dosman!
frozenchrissy
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by frozenchrissy »

thanks for the ideas everyone!!!