Freeze On YouTube Again

youtube and other online videos
zapped13
500+ Elite

Re: Freeze On YouTube Again

Post by zapped13 »

Even though she's wax, I absolutely LOVE the 360 degree rotation theme!
https://youtu.be/-1cG5bjMGUk?list=PLH9H ... UIN3Ch5osS
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
MCtek
400+

Post by MCtek »

we need more girls under glass sir :D

Tek~
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Such a lovely sight. Too bad they're all clones...
https://youtu.be/pPpQxiknyds?list=LL3Vo ... GIwWr56fdw
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

zapped! wrote:Such a lovely sight. Too bad they're all clones...
https://youtu.be/pPpQxiknyds?list=LL3Vo ... GIwWr56fdw
I wouldn't mind having my own daisy clone. lol
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Nice blank stare here:
https://vimeo.com/151858309
Marukochan
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by Marukochan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoPA52Pjng&t=194s

I found one of the chinese film and the freeze quite good! but i don't know the name of this film. Anybody knows?
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

I was never a fan of the first Mannequin movie (nor the follow up, despite one or two very quick live freezes). However, I saw this and thought it was kind of funny. I also couldn't help but think what a cute milf mannequin Victoria Beckham would make:
https://youtu.be/8RokeOrfmOw
freezefantasy
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by freezefantasy »

I just realized that the Music Video for One Direction's "Story of my life" has family photos that turn into 'rooms' that the guys come to life inside, while everyone else in the photos remain frozen with some camera panning. It's a live action freeze, and probably better than I've described it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-TE_Ys4iwM

One of the girls is quite cute.
Best,

FF
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Not a big fan of the wig, but otherwise, she's pretty damned convincing!

https://youtu.be/LfnrgwGBXD4
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

So, Merteenz Tadeus/Rode Duivels, aka the youtube person who finds amazing freeze videos from around the world and them fucks them up by removing the sound and speeding 'em up until they're unwatchable posted a video that I instantly recognized as from a late 90s Colombian TV series. Luckily I could find a 'pre-ruined' version and it's available in 3 parts here, hereand here. There are freezes on all parts, so grab them before they're deleted, although -fair warning- you're not going to like them if you're not into freeze awareness and eye blinking.

Honestly, I don't know how this guy/gal finds this stuff. I remember watching too many episodes of that TV show when I was a teenager and I don't remember that particular one. What's more, it took me a lot of googling and searching around for keywords to even find the one that I posted. Too bad Merteenz/Rode is deathly afraid of having its youtube channel deleted and It's a shame he/she doesn't have access to better tools to edit the videos so the copyright bot doesn't find them, while still being watchable.
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

While I am incredibly grateful for those clips that he finds, yeah that drives me crazy too.
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

Can't be helped, too many other channels go down due to clips being recognized via audio or speed of segments.
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

Zero wrote:Can't be helped, too many other channels go down due to clips being recognized via audio or speed of segments.
That's true, although there are better ways to edit videos in order to escape the copyright bots (for the viewers, I mean, for the one person editing the video it might be complex and boring).
meh
FIMS Contributor

Post by meh »

Zero wrote:Can't be helped, too many other channels go down due to clips being recognized via audio or speed of segments.
While I don't agree at all with his methods, I can understand some of the precautions he takes for movies or tv shows because the bots that flag videos are really aggressive and I've been hit with it before on my own channel. With that said, I don't understand at all why he's done the same thing to the mannequin challenge videos. Besides not giving credit to the original uploaders, he's taking already compressed videos, removing the audio, replacing it with some random music and then re-uploading the video for even more youtube compression. I also don't understand why he's adding the music to commercials, I've never heard of a case of a commercial being taken down on a channel, and advertisers love it when people re-upload their work because it's free advertising.

I appreciate all the finds, but with every video being named "Freeze Time" makes it impossible to even guess where I can find an unedited version of 90% of his collection. It might sound contradictory but I do appreciate him finding some of the amazing clips that he's uploaded. There's so much stuff that he's found that I would never have found without his channels.
Seize the moment.

Literally.
freezefantasy
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by freezefantasy »

YouTube bots also analyse the video title, tags, descriptions and any annotations you put into the video to deduce if it's copyright claimed content.
Best,

FF
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

lonewolf
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by lonewolf »

tinyspider wrote:So, Merteenz Tadeus/Rode Duivels, aka the youtube person who finds amazing freeze videos from around the world and them fucks them up by removing the sound and speeding 'em up until they're unwatchable posted a video that I instantly recognized as from a late 90s Colombian TV series. Luckily I could find a 'pre-ruined' version and it's available in 3 parts here, hereand here. There are freezes on all parts, so grab them before they're deleted, although -fair warning- you're not going to like them if you're not into freeze awareness and eye blinking.

Honestly, I don't know how this guy/gal finds this stuff. I remember watching too many episodes of that TV show when I was a teenager and I don't remember that particular one. What's more, it took me a lot of googling and searching around for keywords to even find the one that I posted. Too bad Merteenz/Rode is deathly afraid of having its youtube channel deleted and It's a shame he/she doesn't have access to better tools to edit the videos so the copyright bot doesn't find them, while still being watchable.
The person behind the Rode Duivels account did not take the constructive criticism well.

All of the FREEZE TIME videos have been renamed "meertens Tadeusz" and moved into a playlist (and hidden from their Uploads page).

It wouldn't surprise me if the next step is that the playlist goes away.
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

lonewolf wrote: The person behind the Rode Duivels account did not take the constructive criticism well.

All of the FREEZE TIME videos have been renamed "meertens Tadeusz" and moved into a playlist (and hidden from their Uploads page).

I didn't know he was a member of this board; if he/she feels "attacked" for such criticism well... :roll: too bad I guess.
meh
FIMS Contributor

Post by meh »

lonewolf wrote:
tinyspider wrote:So, Merteenz Tadeus/Rode Duivels, aka the youtube person who finds amazing freeze videos from around the world and them fucks them up by removing the sound and speeding 'em up until they're unwatchable posted a video that I instantly recognized as from a late 90s Colombian TV series. Luckily I could find a 'pre-ruined' version and it's available in 3 parts here, hereand here. There are freezes on all parts, so grab them before they're deleted, although -fair warning- you're not going to like them if you're not into freeze awareness and eye blinking.

The person behind the Rode Duivels account did not take the constructive criticism well.

If they browse the forums, then they know we all greatly appreciate them finding the movie and TV clips because to me 90% of them are new. I just don't agree with taking the mannequin videos and editing them. What he should have done is created a public playlist with the source videos.
Seize the moment.

Literally.
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

tinyspider wrote:
lonewolf wrote: The person behind the Rode Duivels account did not take the constructive criticism well.

I didn't know he was a member of this board; if he/she feels "attacked" for such criticism well... :roll: too bad I guess.
For having people complain about a channel doing something no one else is doing and managing to avoid the copyright patrols where so many have failed? A little respect goes a long way, especially when they're actually doing good.
meh wrote:
lonewolf wrote:

If they browse the forums, then they know we all greatly appreciate them finding the movie and TV clips because to me 90% of them are new. I just don't agree with taking the mannequin videos and editing them. What he should have done is created a public playlist with the source videos.
Do they know? Because it seems like complaints have been the main focus, and ignoring the multiple times it has been pointed out why videos are the way they are.
lonewolf
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by lonewolf »

tinyspider wrote:

I don't KNOW that they are a member. But there have been instances where we talk about a video and it turned up on their page fairly quickly... I'm figuring it's highly likely that someone connected to Meertens/Rode is lurking here.
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

Zero wrote: For having people complain about a channel doing something no one else is doing and managing to avoid the copyright patrols where so many have failed? A little respect goes a long way, especially when they're actually doing good.
For having people express their personal opinion about about a channel on a message board that has no direct connection to said channel? If i had made my comments public on their youtube videos I might get that they felt "disrespected" as you said so, but otherwise I think it's a little bit of a stretch. I remember another youtube channel a few years ago that behaved pretty much like this: posting on-topic videos and then deleting them at the slightest hint of something other than praise. Other than "they love the drama", I really don't understand the reason why someone would set themselves so much to feel "disrespected".
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

tinyspider wrote:
Zero wrote: For having people complain about a channel doing something no one else is doing and managing to avoid the copyright patrols where so many have failed? A little respect goes a long way, especially when they're actually doing good.
For having people express their personal opinion about about a channel on a message board that has no direct connection to said channel? If i had made my comments public on their youtube videos I might get that they felt "disrespected" as you said so, but otherwise I think it's a little bit of a stretch. I remember another youtube channel a few years ago that behaved pretty much like this: posting on-topic videos and then deleting them at the slightest hint of something other than praise. Other than "they love the drama", I really don't understand the reason why someone would set themselves so much to feel "disrespected".
Because you're getting lost treasures and complaining said treasures aren't a pony, even though the metaphorical pony in this instance would immediately be shot on sight?
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

This thread is supposed to be about freeze videos posted on youtube, not the people that post them. Try to stay focused, people. :|