"REAL PEOPLE" (1979-1984) - segment on living mannequins

A list of clips or pics you are looking for
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

"REAL PEOPLE" (1979-1984) - segment on living mannequins

Post by Corey Fantoccini »

My Holy Grail of clips I've yet to locate is an episode of the George Schlatter-produced NBC reality show "REAL PEOPLE" where they did a segment on living mannequins. Sadly, I don't recall what year the story ran, who was the anchor on the story (I suspect Sarah Purcell or John Barbour), or where the story was set. Greneker once said that it was profiling a modeling agency in California called Isn't She Lovely, but a recent google search didn't find an agency by that name; granted, they could be long gone with no recollections on the web with which to be scoured by google.

Anyone else in the community remember this segment, and know of TV episode collectors who might have it? There are a couple people online selling DVD-R's of "REAL PEOPLE" episodes, but they don't list who's profiled on the shows.
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

Re: "REAL PEOPLE" (1979-1984) - segment on living mannequins

Well, it's been a year. Any progress? Anything?
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

Sorry not from me i do remember looking on a few torrent sites but came up empty

Fear is The Mind Killer
greneker03
400+

Post by greneker03 »

If I remember right Cory, The agency was out of either Lafayette, California or Lafayette, Louisiana. Base on where the show was taped.. I would still guess it was Cali. That same show also did a segment on vietnam vets MIA.

I have still found no clips on this.. it is a shame.. the group did a really good job at posing.
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

Alright, I may have a break on this.

One of my real-world connections has been doing a lot of direct work with George Schlatter, and he said that he is digitizing everything, thus he told me that if there were segments I were looking for, I could ask him and probably get them. Obviously, not for public consumption or YouTube posting.

I kinda don't want to out myself to him by asking for only this segment, so what I could use are a few other segments that people might remember that I could bury my request in, so that it just looks like a list of stuff. Anyone got favorites they remember?
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Post by Lord Hypno »

Corey Fantoccini wrote:Alright, I may have a break on this.

One of my real-world connections has been doing a lot of direct work with George Schlatter, and he said that he is digitizing everything, thus he told me that if there were segments I were looking for, I could ask him and probably get them. Obviously, not for public consumption or YouTube posting.

I kinda don't want to out myself to him by asking for only this segment, so what I could use are a few other segments that people might remember that I could bury my request in, so that it just looks like a list of stuff. Anyone got favorites they remember?

Not from me but.. you could ask "for a friend" who is doing a story on Modeling Runway, living mannequin's, fashion, and the like on hpw it's has changed over the years, and ask if there are any shows that match.. just for research of course

Fear is The Mind Killer
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

HELL FREEZES OVER! EPISODE FOUND!!!

With no fanfare, Amazon has put the entire series run of "REAL PEOPLE" for streaming viewing.

It's Season 6, Episode 14, 31:00 into the show. And it'll only cost you 99 cents!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/ ... son_select

Sadly, their player doesn't let you slow the speed down to really take it in, but thankfully, they didn't get cut-happy with the editing.

I expect some intrepid soul will figure out how to download it though.
greneker03
400+

Post by greneker03 »

let me know where to send it corey
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Well for what it's worth; conrats on finally chasing that one episode down and I hope it lives up to what you remembered, (sometimes they don't). I searched for The Embalmer 1965 film for over 20 years and was a man possessed at times. :lol:
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"