Trying to remember an older freeze.

A list of clips or pics you are looking for
readinghypnotist
300+ Spending Way too much time here

Trying to remember an older freeze.

Post by readinghypnotist »

When I was a kid (early 90's), I recall seeing a scene in a musical/variety show (from I think further back than that). Some people performer was on stage when some male singer whose name escapes me comes on. Presumably a big fan of his, she freezes at the sight of him, He tries to rouse her for a few moments, then picks her up and set her aside on a nearby pedestal, sings a song for the audience, then brings her back to life with a kiss on the cheek.

Ring any bells with anyone?
Lord Hypno
Hypnotist

Re: Trying to remember an older freeze.

Post by Lord Hypno »

sorry not with me

Fear is The Mind Killer
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

Sorry, I got nothing.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Me neither, and I think I have pretty much everything... :(
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Likestatue
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Likestatue »

Nope... Sorry dude.
===============
AOL Screen Name: Likestatue
Y! Messenger: likestatue@yahoo. com
MSN: likestatue@yahoo. com
Prospero
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Prospero »

I can help you.The show was Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters which ran on NBC from 1980 to 1982.The girl who was frozen was Barbara's younger sister Irlene,a very pretty blond who played drums on the show.The singer was John Schneider of Dukes of Hazzard and Smallville fame.The freeze played out exactly as you remembered it.I remember Irlene doing a very good job of holding her freeze during the song.I also remember that after he kissed her and she unfroze ,he turned and walked off the stage while she turned to the audience and said"And now,ladies and gentlemen,Mr.John Schneider!"
readinghypnotist
300+ Spending Way too much time here

Post by readinghypnotist »

Prospero wrote:I can help you.The show was Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters which ran on NBC from 1980 to 1982.The girl who was frozen was Barbara's younger sister Irlene,a very pretty blond who played drums on the show.The singer was John Schneider of Dukes of Hazzard and Smallville fame.The freeze played out exactly as you remembered it.I remember Irlene doing a very good job of holding her freeze during the song.I also remember that after he kissed her and she unfroze ,he turned and walked off the stage while she turned to the audience and said"And now,ladies and gentlemen,Mr.John Schneider!"
Thanks! Now if we can just find it...
lvman
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by lvman »

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Barbara-Mand ... B000N30RJS

Under Product Description it says one of the highlights was John Schneider. Chances are the scene is in there.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Prospero wrote:I can help you.The show was Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters which ran on NBC from 1980 to 1982.The girl who was frozen was Barbara's younger sister Irlene,a very pretty blond who played drums on the show.The singer was John Schneider of Dukes of Hazzard and Smallville fame.The freeze played out exactly as you remembered it.I remember Irlene doing a very good job of holding her freeze during the song.I also remember that after he kissed her and she unfroze ,he turned and walked off the stage while she turned to the audience and said"And now,ladies and gentlemen,Mr.John Schneider!"
If I remember right, Irlene was the ditzy one. Clearly remember the show but I'm surprised I missed that skit.
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"