Old Reading Rainbow episode

A list of clips or pics you are looking for
readinghypnotist
300+ Spending Way too much time here

Old Reading Rainbow episode

Post by readinghypnotist »

I'm not sure if it's on youtube (just did a search with no luck), but I'd like to find an old ep of "Reading Rainbow". Someone sends LeVar on some sort of treasure hunt for his birthday and one clue sends him to a store to find a "man and his kin" waiting for him. When he gets there, a mannequin comes to life (with robotic movements) and gives him the next clue.

I do remember the story read at the start was "Miss Nelson is Missing / Back"
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

Re: Old Reading Rainbow episode

Post by Corey Fantoccini »

FOUND IT!

On YouTube, there is an official PBS upload that they want you to buy:
https://youtu.be/z7ojLkUAqKE

But, if you're willing to put up with inferior PQ (and admittedly, it is pretty bad - it's a couple generations down, where you can suss out there are other LMs in the display windows but can barely see them for the video noise) there is a free rogue upload, and I've linked it to the sequence.
https://youtu.be/EMMcp9icZMs?t=1150
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

The episode is also on Amazon, where I purchased it, and with a cleaner look, I'm pretty sure at least two of the LM performers were also in the "REAL PEOPLE" profile. There is a credit at the end thanking Lynn Kristie's Modelkins. Wonder if they appeared on other TV programs?
greneker03
400+

Post by greneker03 »

Lynn Kristie did not run the "Isn't she lovely" model school in California.
Joyce Ricketts is the trainer there.

but the episode you spoke about was cute. It was a shame they could not have extended that out further as some of them were very talented.
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

greneker03 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:55 pm Lynn Kristie did not run the "Isn't she lovely" model school in California.
Joyce Ricketts is the trainer there.

but the episode you spoke about was cute. It was a shame they could not have extended that out further as some of them were very talented.
Indeed.

Something both Lynn and Joyce's students employ that it seems a lot of LM performers leave out nowadays is that little "power surge" tic before a pose change. Seem to recall Shields & Yarnell used it too.
greneker03
400+

Post by greneker03 »

Some would call it a "Pop" to activate the next pose, Thus when breakdancers refer to "Pop and Lock" it was about popping into a new pose and locking it in.
Hope all is well with you. Let me know if there is anything I can share with you. I also have the "real people" clip and hundreds of other clips