Looking for educational/promotional videos w/ freeze acting

A list of clips or pics you are looking for
jnb040
<25 FIMS Newbie

Looking for educational/promotional videos w/ freeze acting

Post by jnb040 »

(Yeah, a newbie. Hi all.)

This is an open-ended request that I've never seen made before. I suppose you could classify it as obscure, "throwaway" media: educational videos, promotional videos, corporate training videos, local commercials, even recordings of live skits, sketches, or play scenes. It could be serious or a parody.

The specific thing I'm thinking of is a (usually cheesy) dramatization where a narrator steps in (or an actor steps forward) and addresses the camera/audience, while everyone else freezes in the background. You've probably seen this done.

I remember back in high school being required to watch a locally-produced promotional video for some kind of job-apprenticeship program. The video opened with a sketch, at the end of which the actors (including an attractive woman) were frozen in the foreground while the camera slowly closed in on the narrator standing in the background. Now I know there's zero hope of ever finding this on the web; it's too old, local, and obscure.

I've obsessively scoured the web high and low for examples with similar theme, and so far have only been able to come up with this Youtube-trapped find of a parody sexual harrassment video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGudma-ZY8o

I know there's gotta be more out there like this. I'll keep looking, but I wanted to throw this out there, in case there was similar interest. Thanks.
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

Nice find. Cute blonde. :D
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

Youtube has a lot of theater freeze , search as is and you'll find them

Also, I remember dosman had for sale some 'LM training' videos (from somebody called Ralph Horner,) not sure if that's what you're looking for...
jnb040
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by jnb040 »

araenae wrote:Youtube has a lot of theater freeze , search as is and you'll find them

Also, I remember dosman had for sale some 'LM training' videos (from somebody called Ralph Horner,) not sure if that's what you're looking for...
I've got my mental list of "magic words" - search terms that have produced a few good results (skit, freeze, frozen, play, etc) on Youtube and other embedded-video sites. I think I've drained the well dry to this point, but I'm keeping an eye out for new stuff.

As for the LM training videos, yup, I've heard of those.

However... and don't get me wrong, I DO enjoy that kind of thing tremendously... but for some reason I also have a special interest not in stuff that was produced specifically to cater to "us" in the whole LM/statue/freeze community, but where the freeze action is sort of incidental and "innocent;" intended as a device, not an ends in itself. For me, that adds an extra quasi-voyeuristic element, in that the people using the technique (the writers, directors, and actors) are blissfully unaware that there a few people like me who have a 'weird' fetishistic fascination with of it.

I don't know if I've explained it well, or if that makes sense at all. I didn't say I wasn't weird, did I? :D
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

jnb040 wrote:
I've got my mental list of "magic words" - search terms that have produced a few good results (skit, freeze, frozen, play, etc) on Youtube and other embedded-video sites. I think I've drained the well dry to this point, but I'm keeping an eye out for new stuff.

As for the LM training videos, yup, I've heard of those.

However... and don't get me wrong, I DO enjoy that kind of thing tremendously... but for some reason I also have a special interest not in stuff that was produced specifically to cater to "us" in the whole LM/statue/freeze community, but where the freeze action is sort of incidental and "innocent;" intended as a device, not an ends in itself. For me, that adds an extra quasi-voyeuristic element, in that the people using the technique (the writers, directors, and actors) are blissfully unaware that there a few people like me who have a 'weird' fetishistic fascination with of it.

I don't know if I've explained it well, or if that makes sense at all. I didn't say I wasn't weird, did I? :D
You're not :D I know exactly what you're talking about because it had happened to me in real life, seeing live performers on the streets and in theater and I just wished there were cellphones with cameras on that time. I remember 10 years ago when I worked downtown in bogota, there was a couple of street perfomers, a guy and this beautiful girl, playing the 'window dolls' sketch every time somebody dropped a coin in their can. I used to go there after lunch break and throw some coins, waiting for the moment the girl would 'wind down' and freeze... until a friend told me I look like a weird doing that every day :lol: