LTBSA ?!?!?!?

ASFR Writings and Stories
asfrmaster
200+ Spending too much Time Here

LTBSA ?!?!?!?

Post by asfrmaster »

What is going on with the LTBSA site? its been weeks.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Re: LTBSA ?!?!?!?

Post by Leem »

Dmuk's looking into it. If he can't fix the problem he's suggested relaunching on a new URL.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

This is why I burn any favorite stories that I read onto a cd. Never know when one of the sites are going to go down for the count! :wink:
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

I've also got pretty much every story I wrote archieved.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

I wasn't really referring to my own stuff, but the stories I read so often that I can't live without! :lol:
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

I've posted all of the stories from the Frozen Moments archive on my site: http://www.p-synd.com/frozenmoments/index.html

I've also got all the stories from the old Hall of Statuary site, plus a few from Argo's inventory that never got posted, though no permission to repost them as yet. All from before 1999, though... There's probably a few more kicking around on my drive somewhere, but also mostly old stuff.

Normally it's possible to find most of the LTBSA stories on the Internet Archive... EXCEPT that it's now throwing a hissy fit and refusing to find any of them :(
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
FreezAntix
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by FreezAntix »

So is there any news on this matter? It's getting close to a month. Perhaps this brings up the matter of backing up stories to another site?
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

FreezAntix wrote:So is there any news on this matter? It's getting close to a month. Perhaps this brings up the matter of backing up stories to another site?
That's something that Dmuk mentioned. I guess it'll happen sooner or later.
dmuk
Demented Gadfly

Re: News of LTBSA's demise premature

Post by dmuk »

Well, the LTBSA (and the rest of the www.many-realms.net site) is back after switching to a backup network naming service. The original has gone kaput, but that didn't affect the content, only the access to that.

And that access has been restored. Same name, same everything from a user standpoint.

So, check it out! http://many-realms.net/LTBSA

-D-

p.s. Those who offered their help with maintaining this resource: thanks, but not needed yet. I'm losing a bit of confidence in this hosting provider and may want to switch to a more robust site in the future. I do like the idea of mirroring the site, particularly the mostly-static sections (essentially everything *but* the LTBSA) since that content isn't getting updated anymore.
lvman
100+ FIMS Warrior

Re: News of LTBSA's demise premature

Post by lvman »

dmuk wrote:Well, the LTBSA (and the rest of the http://www.many-realms.net site) is back after switching to a backup network naming service. The original has gone kaput, but that didn't affect the content, only the access to that.

And that access has been restored. Same name, same everything from a user standpoint.

So, check it out! http://many-realms.net/LTBSA

-D-

p.s. Those who offered their help with maintaining this resource: thanks, but not needed yet. I'm losing a bit of confidence in this hosting provider and may want to switch to a more robust site in the future. I do like the idea of mirroring the site, particularly the mostly-static sections (essentially everything *but* the LTBSA) since that content isn't getting updated anymore.

Once again, thank you for all the hard work.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Ditto on that Mr.D! :wink:
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

And tritto from me too. :)