LTBSA Down?

ASFR Writings and Stories
mycroft0
<25 FIMS Newbie

LTBSA Down?

Post by mycroft0 »

My connection times out when I try to get to http://www.many-realms.net or http://www.many-realms.net/LTBSA/.
dmuk
Demented Gadfly

Re: LTBSA Down?

Post by dmuk »

Trying to figure out why the site went away - could be technical but havn't been able to reach anyone there...

-D-
asfrmaster
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by asfrmaster »

Any updates on LTBSA? I speak for many when I say that we can't wait. I hope it gets resolved soon. If it ends up moving to a new site, can it be upgraded to have tags? or a search bar?
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

asfrmaster wrote:Any updates on LTBSA? I speak for many when I say that we can't wait. I hope it gets resolved soon. If it ends up moving to a new site, can it be upgraded to have tags? or a search bar?
I've got a partial archive of LTBSA on my PC. (I was mistakenly under the impression that I hadn't transferred it to my new PC, but it appears I did.) Goes up to Dec 2012. Once I've checked the links I can have a go at uploading. Stay tuned.

UPDATE: I've checked the links and they all seem to work, but before uploading I need to remove some Cobalt Jade stories that are no longer licensed for free reading. Give it a day or two.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
dmuk
Demented Gadfly

Post by dmuk »

Well, time has passed and the ISP isn't communicating...

I'm going to synch up with Leem and see if he can host the archive for now.

Thanks for your patience & (I hope) understanding!

-D-
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

dmuk wrote:Well, time has passed and the ISP isn't communicating...

I'm going to synch up with Leem and see if he can host the archive for now.

Thanks for your patience & (I hope) understanding!

-D-
As it happens, I've just finished uploading my 2012 HTTrack mirror of the site at p-synd.com/LTBSA, minus the handful of stories that Cobalt Jade wants to release as commercial e-books. Dmuk and I have been in touch and I've sent him upload details so he can update at leisure.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

You going to need any copies of stories from post 2012? I've still got all mine.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

Zero wrote:You going to need any copies of stories from post 2012? I've still got all mine.
Dmuk now has upload privileges and intends to update in the near future.
clockwork
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by clockwork »

thanks guys!
wherever you go...there you are.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Yes; thank you for keeping the LTBSA alive. Even though the updates have dropped off in frequency, I suspect that it's visited more often than realized...
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
asfrmaster
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by asfrmaster »

Looks like LTBSA is down again :(
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Works for me...
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

zapped! wrote:Works for me...
p-synd.com is on a pretty reliable server. I've never experienced any significant downtime.
lvman
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by lvman »

Keep up the good work guys. And, thanks Leem for taking in the LTBSA.

I'm looking forward to when the page gets fully updated with all of the post 2012 stories along with all of the ones that are newly unreleased.
harker
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by harker »

Thanks for all the good work, I was about to talk of my own httrack/wget backup, that had no idea when was last updated, but also was thinking if would be useful to made this thread sticky (with a changed title) or if a new one is needed? to let others know about the changed URL, as a redirection it's not possible as contact with provider got completely lost.

Keep the good work!
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

harker wrote:Thanks for all the good work, I was about to talk of my own httrack/wget backup, that had no idea when was last updated, but also was thinking if would be useful to made this thread sticky (with a changed title) or if a new one is needed? to let others know about the changed URL, as a redirection it's not possible as contact with provider got completely lost.

Keep the good work!
Dmuk was talking about adding an automatic redirect from the old address to the new one once the updates are complete, which I guess would involve transferring the domain name to a new provider. Still, a sticky thread about the new address might be a good idea.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

Latest LTBSA update: Dmuk (after some teething troubles) managed to get into the FTP server and has restored all the 2013 stories. Please report any missing images or broken links to him or me.

http://p-synd.com/LTBSA
lvman
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by lvman »

Thanks for all the hard work!