Attention wordsmiths

ASFR Writings and Stories
zapped13
500+ Elite

Attention wordsmiths

Post by zapped13 »

I'm looking for suggestions for a name of a fictional product (as in paint) that would be used to clear coat a female body. For example: I currently have 'DiamondFinish Clear' which sounds cool, but this is an actual real life product that's used for automotive finishes. Thought maybe one of you wordsmiths might be able to conjure up something that's a clever play on words, yet not blatantly obvious. It doesn't necessarily have to be ASFR related, just sound cool and roll off the tongue. After two weeks, I'm sorta getting tired of staring at the same damned sentence and coming up with nothing. :lol:

Thanks in advance.

Zapped!
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Basilisk
100+ FIMS Warrior

Re: Attention wordsmiths

Post by Basilisk »

Something I've pondered over the years, being a fan of the Scientific Method in statue-ization.

Perma-Plast or Vitri-Plast (Vitrify doesn't get used enough, I love the way Fenella Fielding says it in "Carry on Screaming")

Poly-Kote (TM) quick hardening lacquer (dammit, there actually is a polykote, I just googled it.) Maybe Perma-Kote? nope, it's real too

TransparaSteel or Crys-Steel or Glas-Steel Finish

PermaFinish (real)

ParaFinish Ultra Hardening Wax Spray

Polycrete

Just off the top, I'll think about it some more.
aurobasilisk.deviantart.com
thestatuemaker
300+ Spending Way too much time here

Post by thestatuemaker »

I always think of it as clear coat. Or KleerKote(tm)*

*available in Gloss, Semi-gloss, or Matte : )

Looking very forward to whatever it is you're working on...
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Basilisk wrote:Something I've pondered over the years, being a fan of the Scientific Method in statue-ization.

Perma-Plast or Vitri-Plast (Vitrify doesn't get used enough, I love the way Fenella Fielding says it in "Carry on Screaming")

Poly-Kote (TM) quick hardening lacquer (dammit, there actually is a polykote, I just googled it.) Maybe Perma-Kote? nope, it's real too

TransparaSteel or Crys-Steel or Glas-Steel Finish

PermaFinish (real)

ParaFinish Ultra Hardening Wax Spray

Polycrete

Just off the top, I'll think about it some more.
One thing I haven't tried is going back to some of the older ASFR clips for reference, and I had nearly forgotten about Carry On Screaming. The appearance I'm going for is slightly less glossy than the Carry On laminated look, (more like a noticed sheen). The clear (or top coat) will be applied via spray gun. Both Poly-Kote & Perma-Kote are clever, but are real (as you mentioned). ParaFinish Ultra Hardening Wax Spray is good too, but it won't be a wax finish. There's an adhesive film called Perm Acrylic. Maybe alter it a bit to Perm-A-Crylic. I had Liquitex written down in my "ideas" folder, but it turns out that that's actually a real company that sells latex paints. :lol:
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

thestatuemaker wrote:I always think of it as clear coat. Or KleerKote(tm)*

*available in Gloss, Semi-gloss, or Matte : )

Looking very forward to whatever it is you're working on...
KleerKote sounds good too. I looked it up and they use it to gloss coat bar tops! :lol:

Without giving too much away, here's the actual sentence within a paragraph:

???This is DiamondFinish Crystal Clear,??? the artist informed. He then tapped his index finger against the reservoir three times, placing further emphasis on the words, ???Very ???good ???stuff. They actually use this for premium automobile finishes and it costs over two hundred bucks a gallon. It???s very durable, yet equally flexible; it won???t crack, peel, or even yellow with age...???
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

I've settled on a suggestion that Greyscribbler sent me called "Ever-Shine" ...I fully appreciate the efforts of all those involved though, (including those few that emailed me). I figured your overactive imaginations would come up w/ some good ones! :lol: ...When this thing is finally finished and released, I'll be sure to post a link.
Temp
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by Temp »

How far into the story are you? And where will you be posting it?

I'm excited to see what you've got in store, since your stories are always fantastic and clearcoating is a rare treat in these stories!
Temp
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by Temp »

Sounds great! Clearcoat is always an enticing rarity.

Where you planning on posting the story up?
stonespell
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by stonespell »

Sorry I'm late, but I came up with "Cosmic Sheen". Thought I'd share, since it was a fun question.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Thanks for the suggestion Stonespell, but I've already settled on "Ever-Shine" ...And to answer the earlier questions above: I'm hoping to post it on Deviantart. However, I've tried that in the past with some of my other work (unsuccessfully). I think there's a limit to the number of words you're allowed per submission, (though I don't recall the exact amount at this point). The formatting was also a pain in the a$$ to deal with. I know it's already over 15,000 words and I'm not interested in splitting it up. I'm also not in any major hurry to get it out; this is something I've been working on for well over a year now, (even prior to the Statue in Silicone project). I'll put up a link on here once it's finished & posted somewhere.
MCtek
400+

Post by MCtek »

if ya ever need a second pair of eyes to proof it, i can help ya out zapped!

Tek~

P.S. we be missin ya at the streams sir, come! Join zee group of dirty rotten scoundrels who turn women into works of art :3
dmuk
Demented Gadfly

Post by dmuk »

...or a third pair (though I should be *making* words as well as reading them)!

-D-
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

MCtek wrote:if ya ever need a second pair of eyes to proof it, i can help ya out zapped!

Tek~

P.S. we be missin ya at the streams sir, come! Join zee group of dirty rotten scoundrels who turn women into works of art :3
Hah! ...Nice try, Tek (Lol!) ...And the only reason I haven't been on there is because I've been working on this just about every night. I don't know how I ever managed to bang one of these off in less than a month, but I wish they came to me that easy now... :(
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

dmuk wrote:...or a third pair (though I should be *making* words as well as reading them)!

-D-
Yes, and please. "I'll take freeze modeling for 200, Alex..."

"Okay, and the question is: What adventurous reporter agreed to be turned into a living mannequin as research for a news piece?" :lol:

...Actually, a new addition to On Assignment;Private Showing; IIM; or even your & DL's Compulsion would really hit the spot. Maybe even something to do w/ the former Mannequin Challenge craze. I don't think any of us can afford to be overly picky at this point!
dmuk
Demented Gadfly

Post by dmuk »

Lots of ideas to follow on, for sure! Not sure I'm ready to tackle a continuation, but something to sort of "flex" my keyboard a little might be a start; kind of like the idea of a tie-in to the Mannequin Challenge somehow (while, maybe, avoiding the too-obvious - then again, maybe not) or something completely different. Have also been enjoying the "Dusk Boutique" set on DA from shadedsun2k2 and some of the related tales...

-D-
Temp
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by Temp »

Don't mean to be a bother, but I'm itching to know:

Is there any tentative date or time around where you think you'll be finished with story?
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Nope.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

The term 'sculptor' usually applies to those who carve on marble. Someone that preserves dead animals for extremely life-like presentations is a taxidermist. A restorer might refurbish anything ranging from a car, a house, or even furniture. So what would someone be called that freezes & then poses humans for art?
dmuk
Demented Gadfly

Post by dmuk »

Pygmalion (or whatever that is spelled backwards...)
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

I'd forgotten about that. :lol: It was actually the blood oath ???Doohrehtorb noilamgyp!???
freezefantasy
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by freezefantasy »

The Glassic

Limpid

Surfreeze Spray

PettiCoat

ManneSkin
Best,

FF
thestatuemaker

Post by thestatuemaker »

ummmmm... statuemaker? :D
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

thestatuemaker wrote:ummmmm... statuemaker? :D
I was hoping for something a little less obvious, but it does seem to make more sense than a sculptor... :|
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

freezefantasy wrote: ManneSkin
Not necessarily looking for a product name anymore, but ManneSkin does roll off the tongue rather nicely... :wink:
thestatuemaker

Post by thestatuemaker »

zapped! wrote:
thestatuemaker wrote:ummmmm... statuemaker? :D
I was hoping for something a little less obvious, but it does seem to make more sense than a sculptor... :|
Agree on it being obvious zapped!, I was just being cheeky : )

However, since everything sounds so much better in French, might I suggest 'sculpteur vivant'?