ASFR story site?

ASFR Writings and Stories
Freezetag
50+ FIMS Regular

ASFR story site?

Post by Freezetag »

Is there a site for freeze/ASFR stories that's regularly getting updated?
dmuk
Demented Gadfly

Re: ASFR story site?

Post by dmuk »

A good omnibus site is http://www.p-synd.com but it occasionally (as in right at the moment) is unreachable on the net. When it comes up, the site contains a trove of imagery and stories, including the archive of the Legacy of Timless Beauty Story Archive (LTBSA)...

-D-
the_sculptor
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by the_sculptor »

It is a shame how P-Synd is down a lot.
DarkNS
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by DarkNS »

asfrmaster
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by asfrmaster »

This link always worked:
http://ociologia.org/p-synd.com/LTBSA/

for the LTBSA archives :-)
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

Hi, guys. I'm the administrator for the p-synd.com (Pygmalion Syndrome) domain. The trouble with the site is, it doesn't seem to be available to everyone, at least not 100% of the time. Only I can never tell when other people are having problems with it, because it's never down for me! I checked it a moment ago and it was working just fine.

The ocologia.org mirror also works, more or less, but it's not up to date and there are missing links and images. However, the LTBSA part does currently seem to be working OK, and I know that hasn't had any updates for a while.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
dmuk
Demented Gadfly

Post by dmuk »

The issue with the variably reachable website seems to rest with how its name, www.p-synd.com, is translated by the all and powerful OZ -- well, the Internet, which is much the same thing from an obscurity level. Sometimes (and from some locations) the name is findable, from others it simply isn't (or may not be for a period of time). That's what's leading to the different experiences folks from around the world are seeing. It almost seems like the name isn't being passed properly among the parts of the network that are supposed to be handling these sorts of things invisibly...

Knowing what's behind the problem doesn't in this case lead to a solution, because there really isn't anything an end-user can do (unless they are very net-savvy, in which case they can add a local hostname entry or 'seed' their own name server). Otherwise, the only thing I can recommend to the site owner is to try another name service provider, which also may be not so simple.

When it works right, it's great; when it doesn't the net is a pain in the ass.

-D-