LTBSA: STORIES WANTED!

ASFR Writings and Stories
bububub2
50+ FIMS Regular

Re: LTBSA: STORIES WANTED!

Post by bububub2 »

Nice! I enjoyed seeing some of these stories! One point of order but it isn't a big deal, I'm the AmberBub, and Bububub2.

Those are both my screen name, I don't mind which my stories get filed under but I have two on there now under different names.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

bububub2 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:31 pm Nice! I enjoyed seeing some of these stories! One point of order but it isn't a big deal, I'm the AmberBub, and Bububub2.

Those are both my screen name, I don't mind which my stories get filed under but I have two on there now under different names.
Yeah, the earlier one was posted before I took over. I'll get it sorted out shortly.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Some good reads in there. Thanks to all the writers who submitted stories and to Leem for all your hard work. Honestly never thought I'd see another update at The LTBSA...
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

OK, well, there's still quite a few stories in the inventory which I'm aiming to post once I've got them all formatted - this can be a bit time-consuming, especially in the cases for which only raw text files are available. Rest assured, though. I'll get it done as soon as I can. I'm thinking from now on it'll be a good idea to update weekly until the backlog is cleared... or if! Seconding thanks to everyone who's contributed, and everyone who's complimented my humble efforts. Next update will probably be over the coming weekend.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
anthryax
FIMS Contributor

Post by anthryax »

Very pleased to see LTBSA returning to active status. Thanks writers for all your work and thanks Leem for yours
window dressee
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by window dressee »

Thank you for the effort to maintain the LTBSA!
and a weekly streamlet of new stories is even preferred (from my side) over a tsunami-like wave and then a loong pause ...
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

The latest update features 7 new stories including two by new contributor StatStat, plus one of my earlier stories with a previously unposted illustration by MCTek. Enjoy!

http://p-synd.com/LTBSA/index.html
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Nice June 13th update! Guess the lawn will have to wait. :lol:
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

zapped! wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:49 pm Nice June 13th update! Guess the lawn will have to wait. :lol:
Why not? Mine's been waiting for years......!
FreezAntix
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by FreezAntix »

Are you accepting stories daily or more on monthly schedule? I have a few more that could go up after some editing but I don't want to just shoot them over whenever and overwhelm you.
bububub2
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by bububub2 »

Just gotta say, shout out to Fenchurch for the story "Look at Me". I quite enjoyed it, very few people go with a classic gorgon peril surprisingly, so seeing that scratched an itch I've had for a while. The only constructive criticism I'd offer is a bit more physical description of the actual transformation would have been appreciated. In no way though does that lower how much I enjoyed it, just wanted to give some feedback because sometimes with stories you never get anyone saying anything!
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

FreezAntix wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:07 pm Are you accepting stories daily or more on monthly schedule? I have a few more that could go up after some editing but I don't want to just shoot them over whenever and overwhelm you.
Well, up until now I've been posting weekly because of the expected rush when the site officially reopened. Now the rush is over I'm anticipating a more steady influx of submissions, so thinking a monthly schedule would be a good idea. That could be flexible, though, according to how many submissions I actually get.
ClasMyrddin
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by ClasMyrddin »

Is there any way to reliably access the site? A VPN maybe because I haven't been able to get access it for a while now.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

ClasMyrddin wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:30 pm Is there any way to reliably access the site? A VPN maybe because I haven't been able to get access it for a while now.
Yeah, it's a long-standing issue. Somebody mentioned a piece of software that can be used as a workaround, but I can't seem to find the original message. I'll get back to you if I can find the info.
ClasMyrddin
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by ClasMyrddin »

Leem wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:32 pm
ClasMyrddin wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:30 pm Is there any way to reliably access the site? A VPN maybe because I haven't been able to get access it for a while now.
Yeah, it's a long-standing issue. Somebody mentioned a piece of software that can be used as a workaround, but I can't seem to find the original message. I'll get back to you if I can find the info.
Thanks for responding, I'm gonna try a vpn and see if it isnt a region issue.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

Well, submissions seem to have dried up for the moment, so if anyone has any unposted stories lurking on their hard (sic) drives, why not dust them off and send them in? Submission guidelines here: http://p-synd.com/LTBSA/submits.html

Thanks.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

I had no doubt in my mind that would happen. If I may make a few suggestions: do an update only once a year. Take story submissions throughout the year, but stick to a solid cut-off date and make no exceptions. This will force writers to “get to it” rather than putting it off. Post a reminder of the imminent cut-off date every now & then. Leave yourself enough time for preparation between the cut-off date and the update itself. Make the update at a time near a familiar holiday so people will be thinking in the back of their minds: Oh, Halloween is coming up; that means it’s time for an update on the LTBSA! When it comes to writing, I will always consider the LTBSA my 1st home. I don’t want to say that it’s become irrelevant, but there are A LOT of different avenues for posting work these days, and most of the remaining authors in this genre have spread themselves out over a wide area.

You're doing a good job, but the amount of submissions were always an issue with the LTBSA (especially in the later years).
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

Hmm... still mulling over this one. If I was updating that far apart I'd have to make it a date I wouldn't have trouble remembering!

Given the widespread postings you mention, it'd be nice to be able to track down some of those doing so and invite them along... In the meantime, I really need to get under the hood at the site and start updating the Author and Story indices.
FreezAntix
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by FreezAntix »

Maybe update by Quarters, so 4 updates a year? I have some stories I've been wanting to send in but I have to edit them and then format them. I have a least two non-Tuckerverse stories sitting in the pipe. So hopefully I can find the time to clean them up and format them soon.