Upcoming Movies / TV with Freeze Potential

New clips or pics from Movies
Stuckfast2000
Producer Extraordinaire

Upcoming Movies / TV with Freeze Potential

Post by Stuckfast2000 »

Here are some upcoming projects with freeze potential:

X-Men Apocalpyse -- with Quicksilver doing his thing, and Professor X able to freeze people, there's great potential here.

Alice Through The Looking Glass -- the trailer shows scenes of various characters freezing in place, including a brief shot of Anne Hathaway.

Rocky Horror Picture Show -- The TV movie reboot of Rocky Horror just released a teaser, in which characters were frozen in the background.

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children -- seems there's some magical freeze potential here

Doctor Strange -- there's some weird stuff going on in the trailer, so you never know if reality is bent/frozen in this one

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them -- big potential for the petrification spell
Zero
Motion Stopper

Re: Upcoming Movies / TV with Freeze Potential

Post by Zero »

I'm quoting a review I saw, but none the less I'll warn about spoilers here.

At one point in X-Men Apocalypse Quicksilver is confirmed to be involved in another scene like the one from Days of Future Past. Another review mentioned him showing up to save the team, including several of the women, at a critical moment, but it isn't clear if that overlaps with another 'Quicksilver Vision' scene
Raphael
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by Raphael »

Zero wrote:I'm quoting a review I saw, but none the less I'll warn about spoilers here.

At one point in X-Men Apocalypse Quicksilver is confirmed to be involved in another scene like the one from Days of Future Past. Another review mentioned him showing up to save the team, including several of the women, at a critical moment, but it isn't clear if that overlaps with another 'Quicksilver Vision' scene
***SPOILER***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn2e583RHTA

I believe this is the "save the team" scene mentioned above. It's somewhat better than I'd expected, it's just a shame that the quality of the clip is so terrible...
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

Raphael wrote:
Zero wrote:I'm quoting a review I saw, but none the less I'll warn about spoilers here.

***SPOILER***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn2e583RHTA

I believe this is the "save the team" scene mentioned above. It's somewhat better than I'd expected, it's just a shame that the quality of the clip is so terrible...
Clip's already down, but I managed to get a look at it. That's exactly what I was referring to, and yeah, while the quality in the actual clip was not great, wasn't bad, especially considering who was involved.
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

Here's a link to the clip. It's low quality, and yeah, spoiler.

https://mega.nz/#!4g4HGabY!yTeVqR2i3Lur ... xYiDwmo1ow
Stuckfast2000
Producer Extraordinaire

Post by Stuckfast2000 »

There's another freeze scene earlier in the movie. Professor X goes to the CIA offices and freezes everyone there so he can move through it undetected.
meh
FIMS Contributor

Post by meh »

Zero wrote:Here's a link to the clip. It's low quality, and yeah, spoiler.

https://mega.nz/#!4g4HGabY!yTeVqR2i3Lur ... xYiDwmo1ow
They've been showing a few parts of this during all those commercials for the movie, but I'm glad I was wrong and there's some women there that get moved around.

I'd love to see a behind the scenes special on that, it must have taken them weeks to shoot that. :shock:
Seize the moment.

Literally.
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

Okay, so for Alice Through the Lookin Glass, I'll once again put spoilers in a quote box here...

At the climax of the movie time begins to freeze as it no longer has meaning thanks to all the time travel in the movie. The result is the red mist that freezes everyone (though they effectively turn to stone), and the entire cast is affected, including Alice herself. Basically she races to put the Chronosphere back where it belongs to make time work properly again but along the way the mist is chasing her and hits everyone before finally her right as she makes it to the place, succeeding just as she's frozen. Sadly the female statue who gets the most attention is the Red Queen/Queen of Hearts's (I think they combined these two characters if I'm remembering right), who is carried by Anne Hathaway's White Queen at one point before she's frozen too.
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

The x-men freeze wasnt bad really, just to quick. But yeah I am hoping the "making of" of that sequence will catch some good freezes.

Has for the movie itself...

Im pretty sure Im just going to boycott anything Bryan Singer touches from here on out. lol
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT6MWr7XeJ4

Its brief, but about 0:12 in.
Prospero
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Prospero »

I thought the two freeze scenes in X-Men:Apocalypse were decent,but nothing special.Frozen Rose Byrne and frozen Jennifer Lawrence simply were not on screen long enough.I am still waiting for the X-Men film where Professor Xavier uses his mind control powers to freeze a MAJOR female character(or,preferably,characters)instead of a bunch of extras.