Miss Leslie's Dolls (1973) on UK Blu

New clips or pics from Movies
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

Miss Leslie's Dolls (1973) on UK Blu

Post by Corey Fantoccini »

Mondo Digital review of new Network Blu: http://www.mondo-digital.com/missleslie.html

"Late one night, a young woman runs screaming out of a house only to be grabbed and pulled back inside by an unseen assailant. Some time later on another, rainier evening, a carload of travelers consisting of glamorous teacher Alma (Juston) and three of her students -- Martha (Lewis), Lily (Bichette), and lone male Roy (SuperVixens' Pitts) -- gets stranded, so they have to go for help to that same sinister property. At first this might sound like it could go in the direction of either Necromania or The Rocky Horror Picture Show, but instead they're welcomed in by Miss Leslie (Ugarte), a frumpy man in a dress with a very disconnected dubbed female voice. Whether we're supposed to be fooled by the ruse is never made clear, but no one else seems to notice as everyone treats Miss Leslie like a sweet, middle-aged matron who's just prone to waxing on and on about her tragic past involving her mother and sister Martha's death when their doll factory burned down. Miss Leslie also has a collection of very realistic female figures lined up in the house whom he reveals aren't made of wax (hmmm...)"

snippet featuring posing:
https://youtu.be/lscrwUpg3TY

large still
http://coyotepr.uk/wp-content/uploads/2 ... work-2.jpg

FWIW, director Prieto is not the same person as OLGA series director Joseph Mawra - I've discussed with film researchers.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Re: Miss Leslie's Dolls (1973) on UK Blu

Post by zapped13 »

Finally, an ASFR-related lost horror / sexploitation film that I haven't heard mere rumors about. Good find, & thanks for posting, Corey!
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Basilisk
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Basilisk »

Yeah, that looks like it has potential, but the longer review refers to a PSYCHEDELIC FREAK-OUT, MAN! double twist ending, so fingers crossed that it's just not another let-down. As a UK title, will it be available in the US? Or do you have to have some metric-pixel TV and a loicense for that?

Also, that low-effort crossdresser looks just like John Lithgow in The World According to Garp, :lol:
aurobasilisk.deviantart.com
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Basilisk wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:18 pm Also, that low-effort crossdresser looks just like John Lithgow in The World According to Garp, :lol:
Now there's a film reference you don't hear every day. :lol:
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Corey Fantoccini »

Basilisk wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:18 pm Yeah, that looks like it has potential, but the longer review refers to a PSYCHEDELIC FREAK-OUT, MAN! double twist ending, so fingers crossed that it's just not another let-down. As a UK title, will it be available in the US? Or do you have to have some metric-pixel TV and a loicense for that?

Also, that low-effort crossdresser looks just like John Lithgow in The World According to Garp, :lol:
The review indicates that it's R0, so it may be playable in U.S. Blu players; the DVD you would need a region-free player for. I would wager, though, there may be a U.S. edition with different features, since Prieto has a small rep here from his other film SHANTY TRAMP, which was recently restored by Nicolas Winding Refn for his streaming channel.
caregar
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by caregar »

zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Also on youtube. Haven't had time to sit through it and determine if it's worthy or not...

https://youtu.be/9wejoMwurOA