THE LADY IN RED w/ Pamela Sue Martin

New clips or pics from Movies
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

THE LADY IN RED w/ Pamela Sue Martin

Post by Corey Fantoccini »

I was watching an old New World Pictures gangster drama from 1979, THE LADY IN RED, a fictionalized account of the infamous woman who supposedly was John Dillinger's paramour and signaled the Feds who wound up killing him outside the Biograph theatre in the 30s. There's a scene 2/3 into the movie where, after Dillinger is killed and the press is writing stories about her, she decides to put a gang together to pull a bank robbery, and discusses the holdup with an accomplice outside a dress shop.

In that scene, upon looking closely, there is a live model in the shop window impersonating a mannequin; note this is not supposed to be a scripted live mannequin performer, they're really trying to pass as a shop dummy. I gather that considering the low budgets Corman allotted filmmakers, the director (Lewis Teague, who also made ALLIGATOR and CUJO) determined that it was cheaper to make up and dress a real actress than to try finding an actual '30-style mannequin, which would have been made of plaster and very heavy and likely hard to come by and easy to damage.
greneker03
400+

Re: THE LADY IN RED w/ Pamela Sue Martin

Post by greneker03 »

Ironically enough, The woman who played the mannequin never got any film credits unless she was in the "stunt people" section. lol
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Corey Fantoccini »

greneker03 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:01 am Ironically enough, The woman who played the mannequin never got any film credits unless she was in the "stunt people" section. lol
I just listened to the BluRay commentary track with director Lewis Teague, and he mentions this moment!
He says it was one of the make-up artists on the shoot, so while she's not credited for this on-screen appearance, going from the makeup credits, it's either Bari Roulette or Gigi Williams.
Monniquin
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by Monniquin »

Does anyone have screenshots to post?