CSI this coming Thursday 10-23

New clips or pics from TV Shows
bparsons
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

CSI this coming Thursday 10-23

Post by bparsons »

I saw a commercial for CSI and it looks like they have wax figures in this episode and they move them around ...... very nice. I'm hoping this is captured and made available
hto355
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by hto355 »

Any comments on this episode, I missed the show unfortunately. :?:
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

It was dead people, not wax, the people were just posed using strings and then left like that until rigamortis set in. Too bad the whole death thing ruined it as that one woman was pretty cute.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

If a person was dipped in wax, then I would assume it would kill them too, correct?

This was a pretty good episode: from a statuefile point of view, or just a fan of the show. The killer is an unappreciated artist that decides to recreate some of his personal sketches by abducting people and leaving them posed around town. The victims were drugged, dressed in clothing the artist picked out, then posed by a series of pulleys (similar to House of Wax with Paris Hilton). Unfortunately, they are sealed in a plastic booth within his studio, and die of carbon monoxide poisoning. Once rigor mortis sets in, they hold their poses.

Two neat little details that I noticed: weight in the shoes to keep them upright; and he used scotch tape on the skin to hold the eyes open in surprise, or to get them to have the desired expression until their skin tissue hardened! :shock:

There was one cute blonde in the very begining that is found in a park talking on her phone. There were other victims, but they were males except for one elderly lady. Marge also looks incredible as ever, and there were several good shots from front to back in this one! (...ah Claussen, you lucky devil!) :D

At one point, the authorities go to Jersey Skagg's studio (linked to the model/nurse found in the park), and there are people posed in various scenarios in the background, as the artist paints them (two girls on a couch, and two police men-before the artist tells them to relax, and they lose the pose). Another one is shown during a flashback...(again they are in the background and it's very brief, so watch closely).

Although the fact that the statues are dead will be a turn-off for most, there were some serious over tones having to do with statuefiles in my opinion. (Especially in the dialogue with the artists).

The entire episode can be seen on the CBS website (with commercials of course), and it's called: "Art Imitates Life" episode three.

http://www.cbs.com/video/?showname=primetime/csi#video
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Dosman!
FIMS Contributor

Post by Dosman! »

They use live people for dead people lying down. Could you tell if these were live freezes? Or were they obvious mannequins?
meh
FIMS Contributor

Post by meh »

The standing bodies seemed to be prosthetic bodies since they were able to lift the girl and she would be completely stiff. Bench guy seemed to be a lot lighter than a real person should be when he was turned over imho.
Seize the moment.

Literally.