More recent TPIR mannequin moment

New clips or pics from TV Shows
Corey Fantoccini
100+ FIMS Warrior

More recent TPIR mannequin moment

Post by Corey Fantoccini »

Once Drew Carey had taken over hosting "THE PRICE IS RIGHT" I had concluded mannequin posing was going to be dropped along with models wearing pantyhose, both out of modernization and of putting some distance between this incarnation and the Barker era.

So I was happily surprised that someone spotted this moment in a Rachel Reynolds highlight reel and put it in their favorites collection. (cued link)

https://youtu.be/mfK_PcVtHr8?t=720

In a sense, this hits all my buttons for mannequin/animatronic acting. So many of the customs being made depend on duplicity or punishment - making a woman freeze against her will - and it always icks me just a little. So getting something more akin what my fantasies would be - a more benign freeze-come to life-back to frozen again trajectory - is a happy surprise. It looks like they practiced this quite a bit in order to get the return poses choreographed so smoothly, right down to how Rachel crooks one leg. Some of the Playboy laserdisc vignettes had this same vibe, as do the occasional archival commercial or fashion show footage.
Dosman
50+ FIMS Regular

Re: More recent TPIR mannequin moment

Post by Dosman »

Love it! Thought those were done forever. Glad you found one!
greneker03
400+

Re: More recent TPIR mannequin moment

Post by greneker03 »

I saw that the other day and thought that would be soooo nice to see them bring back the "Shop along....... Street in (city). These three models would probably do very well.
TIme to message drew carey! lol