ASFR comic Pretty Vacant

Other new clips, pics, links, etc
zapped13
500+ Elite

ASFR comic Pretty Vacant

Post by zapped13 »

I don't know how many of you folks collect comics, (I'm not a comic collector myself, except for the occasional ASFR related stuff), but I thought that I should bring this one to your attention. CJ Maker's comic "Pretty Vacant" has finally been printed and I recently purchased a copy for myself.

In brief, the story revolves around a company that approaches beautiful women, and asks them to sell their likeness for their realistic mannequin line. The "Still Life company" sponsors a beach volleyball tournament in hopes of finding some new candidates for their upcoming "All-American" line. They soon approach two famous volleyball players to sign a contract to make molds of their own likenesses. The main character is then invited to take a tour of the plant, and is shown a few other famous likenesses that have already been made, (including an eerily life-like mannequin of her volley-ball partner, whom took the tour the day before and hasn't been heard from since . . .)

This comic has a cool storyline that was written, and conceived, by one of my fellow writers on the Legacy of Timeless Beauty. CJ was sure to include plenty of details on how the mannequins were actually produced. The ink art work is in black and white only, due to cost considerations. However, this comic had plenty of scenes with detailed backgrounds, including the equipment, as well as the occasional "mannequins" that were posed on their display dias. (I especially liked the added frame that showed the floor plan for the factory where the transformations takes place!)

This comic was three U.S. dollars plus shipping and there is also picture CD available. For further details, you can contact cjmaker on this board, or through his "Pretty Vacant" blog, for further details.

http://prettyvacantthoughts.blogspot.co ... -that.html
Last edited by zapped13 on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
FreezAntix
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Re: ASFR comic Pretty Vacant

Post by FreezAntix »

very interesting. Is this comic only for sale online or can I get it in a comic book store? If it is only online how do I go about getting it. The blog link didn't tell me too much...or perhaps it did and I missed something. Anywho thanks for the link looks like a very interesting comic.
cjmaker
50+ FIMS Regular

Re: ASFR comic Pretty Vacant

Post by cjmaker »

The Pretty Vacant Thoughts blog, while being mostly about the PV comic, does have some randomness to it, as three of the last twelve entries were about the Chuck tv show, the US men's national soccer team and walking Abbey Road after a comics convention in England...

Briefly, PV is printed, but there is no distribution deal. I'm attending comic conventions to drum up business. The sales have been good enough to be asked for a second issue, but that doesn't guarantee distribution.

With no distribution deal, the only current way to get a copy is attending a comics show. But how many people on this board can go to San Diego, Chicago, Charlotte, let alone Paris? It's an issue that is being discussed in the Wilma_Soong_Frozen yahoo group.

For now, please pm me, and we can work something out.

And here's the floorplan that Zapped mentioned earlier:
It's not a good picture, but the picture in the comic is much better!

-cj