Another pulp cover

Other new clips, pics, links, etc
thestatuemaker
300+ Spending Way too much time here

Another pulp cover

Post by thestatuemaker »

I have no idea what's going on here but I like it! (Apologies if a re-post but I don't recall seeing this one before)
Attachments
wanton venus.jpg
zapped13
500+ Elite

Re: Another pulp cover

Post by zapped13 »

Cool cover but you do have to be suspicious of the contents. I bought a few of those vintage pulps over the years and paid a pretty good buck for them. I read them once and they went back in the protective sleeves they came in. The covers rarely have anything to do with the contents!
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
thestatuemaker

Post by thestatuemaker »

Totally agree on content/cover mismatch. Before I posted the cover image I tried to find a synopsis of the storyline but wasn't successful. I found alternate cover art for the same title (a venus de milo silhouette) so maybe there is some sort of asfr content, but to your point, odds are not.

I don't have the time to try and re-find that alternate cover right now but might look later...
thestatuemaker

Post by thestatuemaker »

So to Zapped!'s earlier point, I'm NOT suggesting that anyone spend their hard-earned money on any of these books, but here's the the write up from Amazon on the one below:

???Ice City of the Gorgon??? is grand tale of science fiction and fantasy by Richard S. Shaver and Chester S. Geier. Did anything like the legendary Gorgon actually exist? Could it really turn men to stone with its mere gaze, or did it have powers even more horrible? Two American flyers found the answer in an ice-covered valley of Antarctica. They also found a lost city run by a woman of incredible beauty with a penchant for tyranny and lust.

It's a great title and I think the cover's a winner, but the story likely sucks at best.
Attachments
ice city of the gorgon.jpg
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Actually never saw that one before but the cover art does looks good! :lol:
thestatuemaker wrote:Totally agree on content/cover mismatch. Before I posted the cover image I tried to find a synopsis of the storyline but wasn't successful. I found alternate cover art for the same title (a venus de milo silhouette) so maybe there is some sort of asfr content, but to your point, odds are not.

I don't have the time to try and re-find that alternate cover right now but might look later...
...And oddly enough- Some of the best novels I have read with ASFR themes have covers that had absolutely nothing to do with the content inside!
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
thestatuemaker

Post by thestatuemaker »

Here's that other dustjacket with a description...
Attachments
6108.jpg
thestatuemaker

Post by thestatuemaker »

and another...
Attachments
WeirdTales-Frozen BeautyFeb381.jpg
thestatuemaker

Post by thestatuemaker »

zapped! wrote:Actually never saw that one before but the cover art does looks good! :lol:
thestatuemaker wrote:Totally agree on content/cover mismatch. Before I posted the cover image I tried to find a synopsis of the storyline but wasn't successful. I found alternate cover art for the same title (a venus de milo silhouette) so maybe there is some sort of asfr content, but to your point, odds are not.

...And oddly enough- Some of the best novels I have read with ASFR themes have covers that had absolutely nothing to do with the content inside!
Any suggestions on titles? The only mainstream, vaguely ASFR-related title I know of is The Fermata...
thestatuemaker

Post by thestatuemaker »

And another...
Attachments
6212384185_c8294.jpg
thestatuemaker

Post by thestatuemaker »

Another cover...
Attachments
clay.jpg
thestatuemaker

Post by thestatuemaker »

Naked woman - check. Pedestal - check. Works for me...
Attachments
The Dying Earth.jpg
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

thestatuemaker wrote:Naked woman - check. Pedestal - check. Works for me...
Been a while since I've read the book, but I'm sure there's no ASFR content or I'd have remembered it.

The Weird Tales story "Frozen Beauty" had something to do with cryogenics, but I don't remember the details.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?