I had a very detailed dream last night.

Other new clips, pics, links, etc
meh
FIMS Contributor

I had a very detailed dream last night.

Post by meh »

I wasn't sure where to put this because it's not a story but a dream and probably one of the most detailed lucid dreams I've ever had in my life.

I was in an apartment waiting for someone for something that I think we had planned for a while, a girl walks out of a room and says that she's all ready now to go wherever it is we're supposed to go. We start talking about stuff, I can't remember much of anything that was said but it was really strange like "To save the dolphins on the cove we must start now". That's probably because I saw a small clip of a documentary called 'The Cove' which really disturbed me, so I guess it leaked into my dreams. Anyway, if we don't do this Japan will initialize 'Plan 74' or something and that's apparently really... really bad. Ok so I didn't want to drive to Japan today because the weather wasn't that nice out and apparently I can now drive from the US to Japan which is cool.

We get into an argument about all of this and there doesn't seem like anyone is going to win it, so she eventually gets fed up with me and tells me to leave. I don't want to so she starts pushing me towards the door, opens the door and pushes me out. She starts closing the door but I close my eyes and say/shout/I don't know which it was, "ENDING IT ALL" or something similar to that and I open my eyes. When I look up the door is just partially open but she's looking right at me with an intense stare so I said something mockingly to her but she didn't respond to anything I said. It was silent, I mean totally silent, I've never had anything feel so quiet in my life so even in a dream I guess it's very startling to feel but after I got over the silence I just looked at her face, amazed to see how being motionless changes appearance. So I didn't know what I was supposed to do and I lean in as close as I can get to her and the inside of the apartment and I push up against the door and she starts moving again. I started to panic and backed away and everything went silent again so I calm down and notice that the door was open more than it was before... strange. I carefully push on the door again and sounds returns and she's opening the door a bit more this time, I let go and she stops once again. It's not enough for me to get my whole body through but I can stick my head through the door now and look around which is apparently a huge victory for my dream self, I dunno dreams are odd.

I've sort of figured out that she's not opening the door for me but I'm somehow making time go backwards when I push on something in the opposite way it's supposed to go in normal time. I push the door a bit more and she open/uncloses (?) the door enough that I walk back into the place and let go of the door. I push on the inside of the door this time and she starts closing the door but all of a sudden she and everything else stops. It's to the point where everything originally stopped and no matter how hard I'm trying to push the door it won't budge past that spot so apparently time ends at that point. Great, I've destroyed the universe! (I guess I should add that it's seemingly just like a recording, time can go backwards and forwards but I couldn't change anything because she didn't notice or do anything differently even though I was no longer in the hallway and I was now back in the apartment closing the door from the inside)

I was trying to figure out how to fix this so I thought I'd rewind things to some point, since it was a lucid dream I sort of new I was dreaming in a sense so my goal was when the dream started even though I couldn't remember when that was. I grab the girls left shoulder and pull on it gently towards me, that starts time moving backwards and she's unclosing the door again. Things stop really fast though because I couldn't figure out how the shoulder was supposed to move after the door was fully open and I ended up making things go backwards and forwards in the same spot for 5 minutes before I gave up. I then had the idea to push the palms of her hands because they were extended out from pushing me to the door, which worked. I was looking right at her and she was looking right at me but at the same time not at me at all due to rewinding, I can't really explain it but it was interesting.

I don't remember everything but I got us to a point before she started pushing me and we were standing arguing. At this point there was no where left to move her and everything stopped, so I was trying to figure out wtf I was going to do and then I saw a clock on the wall that should work for me. I went over to the clock and started pushing on the minute hand and that made time move backwards again. She was yelling incomprehensible backwards things to the spot where I was initially and I think I said "I'm over here silly!" which didn't change a thing. She eventually stopped backwards yelling and started backwards talking, stopped that and then walked backwards from the main room to the hallways, made a turn towards a room and closed the door. I kept turning the hand back, it seemed like I did this for another few minutes but it's a dream so who knows how long it really was. I think I was starting to lose the lucid part of the dream because there were giant bees outside the apartment window just flowing straight up into the air which didn't .... I just don't know.

Well the bees stopped appearing and I was still moving the clock hand backwards but out of no where the clock hand breaks into 50000 pieces and the other hands disappear from the face. OOPS. Well that scared the crap out of me and I felt like I had lost something precious but then I felt the need to find the girl and help her break free from this trap that I seemingly made... again it's a dream it makes no sense. I walk to the hallway find the door, open it and walk in. Here's where it gets wonky: it's a bathroom and she's sitting there on the toilet, hands on her legs, staring straight ahead at the wall in front of her and her pants down by her ankles. I had no freaking clue what to make of it and I never got a chance to figure out how to save her because as soon as I walked up to her I hear a bunch of loud booms that make the bathroom, the stuff in it, the girl and me to wobble a bit each time. I woke up after that because the sounds scared the living shit out of me so I look outside and it's one of those stupid garbage trucks crushing some over sized junk in the back crusher/collection part.

I've had lucid dreams before and I can easily remember every one of them but I've never had a dream this detailed before. Maybe my waking mind has filled in some blanks through out the day because I keep thinking about it, but mostly it's all from the dream. Maybe it was a good thing I woke up at that time, things could have gotten really really weird. I may try to see if I can get this deep into a dream again and see if I can work similar things into them, this was really one amazing dream. :D
Seize the moment.

Literally.
timebender
100+ FIMS Warrior

Re: I had a very detailed dream last night.

Post by timebender »

Great story for backwards time fetishes. Thanks a lot.

I am totally interested in moving time backwards :) so this must be a scenerio for a video clip I think, and calling video makers here to make a video like this. I will be the first buyer.
meh
FIMS Contributor

Post by meh »

I've had tons of dreams with this, I've been able to freeze things and move things backwards and forwards before but nothing this detailed and controlled. I've been trying to get back to it but nothing even comes close to what I experienced in this dream which is a shame. I want to finish what I started because I'd post it here.

Maybe someone like LH can recommend me a relaxation technique or way of getting back into this dream.
Seize the moment.

Literally.
timebender
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by timebender »

so thanks for that story of your dream, if newer one exists, i will be waiting to hear. Thanks.