Uncharted 4

Other new clips, pics, links, etc
readinghypnotist
300+ Spending Way too much time here

Uncharted 4

Post by readinghypnotist »

For anyone who has a PS4, I would recommend getting a copy of this game (a used copy should be pretty cheap). There's a neat "photo mode" that freezes the game and lets you move the camera around to just about any angle (though not during cut scenes). The best time to use this, in my opinion, is when the main character's wife shows up and joins him on his adventure in the last few chapters. There's a few editing tools, including one that lets you hide the main character, so that you only see her. You can also change a character's "skin" (basically their outfits and appearance from any point in the game), though you should take care of that first, because changing that requires resetting to the last check point.

So you basically get to freeze a character and look at them from any angle! After playing around with this a bit, my advice would be to reduce the field of view to its very minimum and choosing a point when the character you want to look at is out in the open, not surrounded by leaves or obstacles (there's actually a point very early in Chapter 17, where she's pointing at something, which a great time to try this). Beyond that, just keep playing with controls until you're comfortable with it.

There's also another game in the series that came out last year, "Uncharted: The Lost Legacy" with two female protagonists, but I haven't played it yet and I'm not sure if it has the same feature.

(Although I would recommend playing the whole game series anyway. They're really good).
freezefantasy
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Re: Uncharted 4

Post by freezefantasy »

This video gives tutorial on Photo mode in the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9grYyIHpS-A
Best,

FF
monkeyjr
100+ FIMS Warrior

Re: Uncharted 4

Post by monkeyjr »

The Lost Legacy has an even better photo mode, including a very goofy set of facial expressions you can give them, making it a real fun tool set, haha.