Penthouse "Pet Rocks" photoshoot

Other new clips, pics, links, etc
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Penthouse "Pet Rocks" photoshoot

Post by Leem »

Just in case anyone didn't catch the discussion in the Wish List thread, I've found photos from the above-named photoshoot and uploaded them. LINK MOVED TO ONEDRIVE: Click here. Thanks to Taral Wayne for many of the scans.
Nice statue makeup, although the models are obviously moving between shots.
Last edited by Leem on Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
cmqqmc
<25 FIMS Newbie

Re: Penthouse "Pet Rocks" photoshoot

Post by cmqqmc »

i'm almost 100% certain they used a product called "Fleck stone" for this photo shoot...

I remember seeing the product in art stores and hobby stores some 30+odd years ago, essentially a spraycan that distributed a stonelike mixture of different flecks of paint to make your old tabletop or chair or odd knicknack a stone-like conversation piece...

the distribution of the stoney bits of decoration on the models is too even and precise...they appear to have been painted in a grey base coat and then had the fleck stone sprayed on over...that isn't spongework, or random flicks of paint splatter...it was sprayed out of a can over their entire bodies (not what the product was intended for, or perhaps even save to be used for)...

the effect is gorgeous...probably the gold standard for doing statuesque bodypaint that I've seen...

the higher resolution pics are from the photographers own site if I recall...unused shots for the pictorial...he must have dozens and dozens of alternate and never before seen images from this shoot...

my one quibble is their nipples aren't erect enough to make out clearly under the layers of paint, but that's a minor complaint...
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

cmqqmc wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:44 pm i'm almost 100% certain they used a product called "Fleck stone" for this photo shoot...

I remember seeing the product in art stores and hobby stores some 30+odd years ago, essentially a spraycan that distributed a stonelike mixture of different flecks of paint to make your old tabletop or chair or odd knicknack a stone-like conversation piece...
I remember this paint as well. My brother went to GJ's Hobby & Crafts, bought a bunch of cans and repainted his BMX bike with it just to be "different" ...He hated the results, sanded it down and repainted it with black / grey spatter paint like they apply to trunk floors in old cars. The end result was equally horrible. :lol:
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Basilisk
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Basilisk »

There are products where the flakes (mica) are a separate step to the main surface, very common in epoxy garage floor refinishing. Perhaps they used the flakes from one of those products with a water based non-toxic from an airbrush.

Or maybe they used epoxy :o
aurobasilisk.deviantart.com
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

Interesting info. Incidentally, to free up my DropBox folder, I've now moved the files to OneDrive and updated the link above.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?