Whats going on these days?

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
A Friend

Whats going on these days?

Post by A Friend »

You got to admit that things the last year or so have been pretty inactive in the freeze community. Is it that we are losing interest? It is that we have ran out of new freeze material? Is it that some of the old regulars are not has active as they used to be? Its something that I wonder about from know and again. That is why I kinda wanted to throw this out there. Just to get some ideas.

Looks at things today, compared to what they were. The LMC board gets hacked, Dos doesn't want to bring it back and the LMC has we know may be gone soon. Guy Talon does not make freeze movies anymore. His site is gone, and we barely hear from him anymore. Maybe he just lost interest? Basictek has his file sharing site, which has been a nice addition, and it also has a pretty cool board. It seems like the freeze people visit Basiks board, and the mannequin go to the LMCs board. Lord Hypno has these great hypnosis DVDs on his site. The LTBSA has always been a nice place to catch stories about some of our interests. WK has a cool media guide going, but updates are few and far between. We have had yahoo groups come and go, Viking just had his shut down. Seems like he can never keep anything going.

Now if you look at that, compared to how it was about 4 or 5 years ago, its a lot different. Lots of activate then, always something new. People wanting to chat, posting material, throwing out the occasional "Freeze alert" on a TV program coming up. You just don't see any activity anymore.

What do you guys think is going on? I would love to hear from some of the old schoolers that have been around for a while.
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

Post by FreezeTek »

Well I can only speak for myself but as things now stand. This site will likely be closing down at the end of my contract with servage(around May). Constant bandwidth restrictions(far more inhibiting than advertised) combined with files being deleted from my public & private servers has me convinced to not pay servage ever again. Also this community seems to have enemies such as the ones that hacked Dos's forum. With the constant growth of the Internet you'd think that this community would grow too but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll still be on the lookout for new sites, and other hosting providers that may one day allow me to contribute to the community again.

Another thing that scares me is the incredibly strict enforcement of draconian copyright laws that make it illegal to share clips, and even pics over the net. Google was just sued because their search engine captured thumbnail images of a site that called that copyright infrindgement. It all sickens me really, where as the Internet could be a growing source of free information, capitalistic governments & corporations will slowly but surely take complete control of it. Then people like me that only wish to share information with others from the community will be classified as criminals.

Anyway it was fun while it lasted and I must have doubled my freeze material over the last year. Hopefully I'll return or others will carry the torch, but until then just keep your eyes peeled.
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Re: Whats going on these days?

Post by Jay »

A Friend wrote:
Viking just had his shut down. Seems like he can never keep anything going.
lol,

wow, thanks :roll:
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

I know things seem a bit slow in the ASFR community right now, but the Yahoo Groups are still getting new postings regularly, Dmuk has taken over hosting the LMC Board and the LTBSA is still going strong.

So I'm really sorry to hear that this site will close in May. That same month marks the 6th anniversary of The Pygmalion Syndrome site, and just over 7 years since my first story appeared. Since I started the site back in May 2000 I've built up the inventory of stories, written lots of pages about interesting works of art that inspired me, bought my own domain name, improved the design, converted all the pages to CSS, added links to all the interesting sites I could find, and even took over hosting a couple of defunct sites when their original hosts took them down. And what reward do I get for all this effort? Very little, it would seem. Virtually no mentions on other sites or Groups, even when I dropped heavy hints about the site's 5th anniversary; the odd note of appreciation from readers, but few and far between; and a few reciprocal site links. And a huge raspberry from Portal of Evil.

Am I disheartened by all this? Yes I am.

Does that mean I'll be closing the site? HELL, NO!

I could claim to be dedicated, but I think the truth is that I'm just addicted to the damn thing. Anyway, whatever else happens, I'll still be flying the flag for this weird little fetish of ours until they screw the lid on my coffin.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
DarkNS
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by DarkNS »

Just to help the community (a little) my site it's up again, faster and with a new look.

New material and multilanguage it's comming.

http://ldollg.darkns.com.ar

- DarkNS -
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

Well whoever you are, your probably right on both accounts. First off, we have pretty much found most of the freeze stuff of the past. Tv shows, movie and such. Also I do think that a lot of people have lost there interest. A few of them are big names in the community too.

Has for my failed yahoo groups, hey what can I say? I tried.

All things, sites and such will come and go. Its up to us all to try and keep things going somehow. I think the comminuty will live on, as long as we have a meeting place.
anthryax
FIMS Contributor

bummer

Post by anthryax »

I for one will be sorry to see you close things down Freeztek, but I understand the concern about lawsuits etc. I am pretty careful about what I keep in the groups I handle for just that reason (at least as far as clips go).

I have my concerns about some of the groups as well, but what can you do. I do wish that some of them would appoint some coowners so that the spam etc would be policed more.

Anyway, I at least intend to try and keep petrification parlor going as long as I can.
rick

very small idea

Post by rick »

i think we should put back all the old clips or at least the best of the best.
About 4 months ago this site had a lot of clips.

Maybe we can have more users like that and pray that they have new clips or clips that have not been found yet.

i think it has a chance to work. :!: :!: :!:
Venus Redscar

Post by Venus Redscar »

The problem with this group is that no one knows it is around. I only know of one site that links to this place, and that site is barely known as is. My group really took off after I posted around at a lot of related places. Try another go on another server with a little better advertising.

I am very thankful for this place.