Server not found :(

ASFR Writings and Stories
asfrmaster
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Server not found :(

Post by asfrmaster »

I don't know about anyone else but I constantly get "server not found" when trying to view legacy of timeless beauties.
dmuk
Demented Gadfly

Re: Server not found :(

Post by dmuk »

The old server has been gone for a while, but it looks like the p-synd one is also having issues....
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

Well, I check the p-synd.com site regularly and it's still working for me. Unfortunately the server seems to have some idiosyncracies that affect some people's access and not others.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
Ice_Fiend
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by Ice_Fiend »

Yeah, I can attest to that. It happens, sometimes just randomly throughout the day.

Its technology, and it doesn't like us too much sometimes...
harker
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by harker »

Maybe must asked first but I have done a mirror of the terrific work of Leem (Monday dawn CST), tried hard to no overload the site and be nice with bandwidth http://ociologia.org/p-synd.com/ from the log of wget is a 1GB. When read from Dmuk or Leem from updates plan to only got the diff to avoid wasting bandwidth.
dmuk
Demented Gadfly

Post by dmuk »

Mirror seems to work better than the main site for me...

-D-
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

harker wrote:Maybe must asked first but I have done a mirror of the terrific work of Leem (Monday dawn CST), tried hard to no overload the site and be nice with bandwidth http://ociologia.org/p-synd.com/ from the log of wget is a 1GB. When read from Dmuk or Leem from updates plan to only got the diff to avoid wasting bandwidth.
Wow, that's one hell of a job considering the dozens (maybe hundreds) of pages and thousands of images on the site. I did spot one or two missing thumbnails, but the only serious omission that I could see was the header on the pindex.htm page. I certainly have no objection to the mirror staying on line as long as it makes things easier for people.
Ever notice that all the trouble in this world is caused by people trying to get rid of troublemakers?
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

Speaking of updates, I've just updated the bronze.htm, carles.htm, cellini.htm, donatello.htm, and wayne.htm pages (all fine art sculpture pages except the last which is the index for Taral Wayne images) and added a new page, anniversary.htm , hosting and commenting on a newly-uploaded Taral Wayne picture. I'll also shortly be updating the front page at pindex.htm and hopefully changing the header image again.
harker
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by harker »

Leem wrote:Speaking of updates, I've just updated the bronze.htm, carles.htm, cellini.htm, donatello.htm, and wayne.htm pages (all fine art sculpture pages except the last which is the index for Taral Wayne images) and added a new page, anniversary.htm , hosting and commenting on a newly-uploaded Taral Wayne picture. I'll also shortly be updating the front page at pindex.htm and hopefully changing the header image again.
Done, mirror updated, I had one doubt, the header missing far as I saw was ps-legal.gif now fixed also.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

If harker's still reading this, there have been a few updates on the site since the last time the mirror was updated...
harker
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by harker »

Leem wrote:If harker's still reading this, there have been a few updates on the site since the last time the mirror was updated...
Yes, I still read here, read the forum like 2 times a week, have to check about some errors the process got.

Code: Select all

FINISHED --2016-04-04 15:52:31--
Total wall clock time: 31m 6s
Downloaded: 11389 files, 799M in 2m 6s (6.33 MB/s)
Unfortunately due the method used, it's not trivial to know when and what files have changed... still hope no to have used to many bandwidth.

Regards.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

harker wrote:
Leem wrote:If harker's still reading this, there have been a few updates on the site since the last time the mirror was updated...
Yes, I still read here, read the forum like 2 times a week, have to check about some errors the process got.

Code: Select all

FINISHED --2016-04-04 15:52:31--
Total wall clock time: 31m 6s
Downloaded: 11389 files, 799M in 2m 6s (6.33 MB/s)
Unfortunately due the method used, it's not trivial to know when and what files have changed... still hope no to have used to many bandwidth.

Regards.
Yeah, looks like most of the files haven't loaded properly at the moment... hope that's just a glitch. Maybe I should keep a list of updates,, but I'm not very methodical about that sort of thing these days. I can tell you that I've revised all of my stories to give them narrower columns for hopefully easier reading, and I've also added flags to all the pages in the Art Gallery and Art & Stuff sections, as well as adding a few image pages to the Taral Wayne section. Hope that helps, and thanks again for all the effort you've put into this.
Leem
FIMS Contributor

Post by Leem »

OK, well I'm sorry to say the images and links on the front page of the mirror are still not working. Looks like a major glitch at harker's end.
harker
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by harker »

Leem wrote:OK, well I'm sorry to say the images and links on the front page of the mirror are still not working. Looks like a major glitch at harker's end.
Yeah, this week won't be fixed as work is reclaiming all my time, planning to dig on it on weekend.