Twilight Zone reboot 2019

New clips or pics from TV Shows
yendis
FIMS Contributor

Twilight Zone reboot 2019

Post by yendis »

Hopefully they will have the classic timestop episodes :)
https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/20/jor ... ight-zone/

cheers
yendis
freezefantasy
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Re: Twilight Zone reboot 2019

Post by freezefantasy »

Oh how exciting! As someone too young to have watched the old show on TV I can't wait to experience this series with a fresh unadulterated pair of eyes 😄
Best,

FF
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

The Twilight Zone (2019) premiere’s April 1st on CBS All Access. This is another “view by subscription only” deal. The first four episodes have been announced, but the rest are being kept under close wraps. So far they appear to be remakes of older episodes (only with slightly altered titles). I refuse to get my hopes up, but if someone watches and there happens to be any remakes of any ASFR classics, please post a review! https://youtu.be/NORi4YjsGI4

Btw: Rod Sterling grew up in the Binghamton NY area and graduated from Binghamton Central in 1943― the same High School my mom went to in the late 50’s. I actually took a night class there as an adult for Creative Cartooning. Sterling always thought there was something weird about his hometown and returned several times a year for inspiration (the episode ‘Walking Distance’ is a direct nod to those visits). Kind of neat to think that many of his stories were inspired by the same area I grew up in.
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Maybe I'm reading into this scene more than there actually is, but there appears to be some sort of mass mind control / time stop / or (more than likely) a Westworld-type power down of a city population in season 2, episode 2 "Downtime" of The Twilight Zone reboot. There is a brief scene of Morena Baccarin standing in a walkway with the world appearing to be entranced or frozen around her (at 0:25). She asks a traffic cop "What's going on?" (at 0:35). The officer replies, "It's just some world maintenance." Morena then asks, "What are we supposed to do?" and the officer replies, "Just wake up." If anyone has seen this on CBS All Access, please fill us in on the details (if any).

https://youtu.be/Hs1W2kVnZNA

Edit: I just found this blurb on the EMCSA: Episode 2 of the new Twilight Zone doesn’t have any mind control/hypnosis but it has an entire city of people standing frozen with trance like expressions. A lot of closeups of the effected people too.
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

Yeah a few other people get frozen in the trance pose, including the lovely Serinda Swan.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Great little episode overall with some nice scenes of women (both older and younger) looking up into the sky, falling into trance and going slack-jawed. The scene where the wife (played by Serinda Swan) says, "We've been married for 15 years!" She kisses Morena Baccarin (supposed to be her husband using Morena's body) hoping to jostle her memory of their love. They hold hands and agree to look up at the orb and go into Downtime together. They look up at the sky, but Morena backs out at the last second. The wife looks up, expels a dramatic breath and her jaw goes slack as she goes under. This scene is sexy as hell! Morena realizes what's happened and leaves Serinda just standing there in the garden. There's plenty of background eye candy if you watch it enough times, including a few close-ups of faces. Also liked the fact that the snobby young couple got what they deserved by getting entranced through the hotel room windows!
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Just thought I'd report that I joined the CBS All Access Facebook page. Sadly, there's only three pics of Downtime being filmed in the city street, and none of them have any really attractive women in them. However, there's a video clip of Jordan Peele's Top Ten Classic Twilight Zone episodes and "A Kind of Stopwatch" made it to #3. Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath on it... :lol:
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Sad to report that Jordan Peel says there will be no season three for the Twilight Zone reboot. :(
Arno Strine
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Arno Strine »

I have never seen so many attempts to reboot a series as much as Twilight Zone.

It was rebooted in the 1980s, early 2000s, and then again now. The reboots never stick around for long and never receive any meaningful attention.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

I know; one of the most imaginative, original series written by a master. Jordan Peel brought his own imagination to the table, yet respected Serling's work enough to give it multiple nods (there were several Easter eggs in Downtime alone). I guess because it doesn't involve superheroes, zombies, or the Kardashians, it deserves to be cancelled. :(
lonewolf
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by lonewolf »

zapped! wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:38 pm Sad to report that Jordan Peel says there will be no season three for the Twilight Zone reboot. :(
The financial model for streaming services rewards either newness or perceived binge-ability.

TZ doesn't have either, sadly.
darkknight792
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by darkknight792 »

Arno Strine wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:48 pm I have never seen so many attempts to reboot a series as much as Twilight Zone.

It was rebooted in the 1980s, early 2000s, and then again now. The reboots never stick around for long and never receive any meaningful attention.
The reboot that did the best was probably the radio show. It started in 2002 and new episodes were produced until 2012 (176 in all). It's still broadcast nationwide in reruns.