Unser Mann in Rio

New clips or pics from Movies
kelvinfcelsius
<25 FIMS Newbie

Unser Mann in Rio

Post by kelvinfcelsius »

Many of you will recognize that as the German title to one of our favorite films: Kiss the Girls and Make Them Die (KTGAMTD). I recently purchased this DVD in Blu Ray on eBay. I was hoping that it might have some extra features, like additional footage that had been cut (no), and a commentary (yes, but it's in German), but what it does provide is a wonderfully sharp focus of the entire film, including the close-ups of the women in their freeze-hexagons. If it's still available, I recommend it.
The Freeze Fan
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Re: Unser Mann in Rio

Post by The Freeze Fan »

can you describe the freezes?
kelvinfcelsius
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by kelvinfcelsius »

Ardonian (the bad guy of the film) has a plan to sterilize the whole world as an antidote to overpopulation, and, as his plan for re-populating the earth, he has a machine that freezes gorgeous babes in big, hexagonal-shaped cylinders and stores them in suspended animation so that he can impregnate them later. What a plan! There are scenes at the end where his "hibernation harem" is put on full display.
Blurbap
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Blurbap »

If there's any way to screen cap though scenes in full HD and putting them here that would be very much appreciated
Basilisk
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Basilisk »

I recently found a pretty high quality set of clips from KGAMTD that I have been capping and upscaling for use in photoshops. They probably came from this release. I'll post some when I get a chance.
aurobasilisk.deviantart.com
Basilisk
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Basilisk »

https://youtu.be/rqHrw6j65V8

Here ya go, I just uploaded the main clip.
Blurbap
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Blurbap »

Basilisk wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:43 pm https://youtu.be/rqHrw6j65V8

Here ya go, I just uploaded the main clip.
Excellent
Basilisk
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Basilisk »

You're welcome.
Blurbap
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Blurbap »

The implications of this image and more specifically this frozen woman gets the mind racing. If only there was a way to upscale this picture to do it just as much justice as the HD scene.
Attachments
Thumb_2474779571.jpg
Thumb_2474779571.jpg (39.65 KiB) Viewed 3736 times
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

I've actually had that photo somewhere in my files for years. It was a promo for the film. It also raises the question of whether it was live models or just detailed mannequins shown frozen in those stasis chambers. I never posted it because I didn't want to ruin the illusion for anybody...
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Blurbap
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Blurbap »

zapped! wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:55 pm I've actually had that photo somewhere in my files for years. It was a promo for the film. It also raises the question of whether it was live models or just detailed mannequins shown frozen in those stasis chambers. I never posted it because I didn't want to ruin the illusion for anybody...
I know for this instance Wilma is a mannequin so that means in some situations they use mannequins and in others they used the live actresses.

I wouldn't mind seeing the picture you have if it's different because I very much enjoy the kneeling the pose they have for... obvious reasons
Attachments
Screenshot_20230315_030535_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230315_030627_YouTube.jpg
Basilisk
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Basilisk »

In this HD version, you can see the third girl's eyes move as she sweeps by. It's really quick.

There's a promotional photo of Ardonian gesturing while all the chambers are dangling behind him. It's so low rez it won't upscale well. I'd love to find a better version to manip.
Basilisk
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Basilisk »

Here's the promo pic/lobby card I was talking about, from the Pretty Vacant Thoughts blog this is 4x Gigapixel AI upscaled:

https://www.deviantart.com/aurobasilisk ... -953864424

Here is a photomanip I did, I think this one turned out the best (warning BOOBS):

https://www.deviantart.com/aurobasilisk ... -953865057
Blurbap
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Blurbap »

That second pick is amazing.
Man I wish there was an HD rip of the movie online
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Basilisk wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:01 am Here is a photomanip I did, I think this one turned out the best (warning BOOBS):

https://www.deviantart.com/aurobasilisk ... -953865057
Great interpretation & excellent job on that, Basilisk!
In this HD version, you can see the third girl's eyes move as she sweeps by. It's really quick.
Yes, I noticed her eyes slightly tracking the camera as well. I believe they use the actual live models in the closeups as they are passing by the camera. In the faraway shots I think they use mannequins as it would be too hard for that many models to remain still as the chambers are moving along the track.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Btw: Marilù Tolo also played one of the victim’s in Richard Burton’s wretched 1972 version of Bluebeard; she’s drowned in a vat of wine and is posed topless in his walk-in freezer along with his other frozen victims (using mannequin doubles, unfortunately).

Dorothy Provine is best-known for her role as Emeline Marcus-Finch, Milton Berle’s much younger (and long-suffering) wife in the 1963 classic comedy It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

Raf Vallone played the corrupt Cardinal Lamberto in The Godfather part III 1990.

kelvinfcelsius
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by kelvinfcelsius »

Nice work, men! (Especially Aurobasilisk!) I'm glad there's still a wealth of interest in this classic, which is now close to 60 years old! I heard a rumor that Quentin Tarantino loves this movie and was thinking of re-doing it (presumably in his own style). I'm not sure he's the man I want for that job, but he would be, so far, the only contestant for that title. Any further insights?
Basilisk
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Basilisk »

The scene with the tubes going by would just be close-ups of their feet :lol:

I would think he would do Matt Helm since it's more well known, and there is that whole sequence in One Upon a Time in Hollywood where Sharon Tate watches herself in the Wrecking Crew (with her feet up in the camera).

He said in an interview recently he is only making one more movie, probably. He could still produce something like this though.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Quentin Tarantino is definitely a foot guy. He's also stated since the very beginning he will only make 10 movies and then he will retire. (Kill Bill 1 & 2 count as one). That only leaves one spot. It would be nice, but I highly doubt he'll end his career with a remake of Kiss the Girls and Make Them Die! :lol:
kelvinfcelsius
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by kelvinfcelsius »

One last word about KTGAMTD; over the years, many items pertaining to that film have been sold on eBay: lobby cards, dvd's, etc., but several years ago, somebody was offering a portfolio of "behind the scenes"-type photos of KTGAMTD. A I recall, the seller didn't show much by way of example, but (pardon my fallible recollections) he seemed to promise a great deal of stuff that showed up in the film, but from an inside perspective. (I think that that one very small black-and-white photo, featuring some of the stars of the film posed next to what looks like the mannequin used for the kneeling frozen babe may be from that source.) In any case, I bid high, but came up short. I always assumed that a devotee of ASFR had acquired it and would ultimately share its fruits with us all. To my knowledge, that hasn't happened. Can anyone shed any light on this?