Board's news

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Board's news

Post by tinyspider »

Hey fellas, Tinyspider here.
I'm glad to announce that the board has been fully migrated to a new host, and save for some minor details, is fully functional.

In the upcoming weeks I will be conducting several improvements and adjustments to bring it up to date, such as adding a https certificate, upgrading it to the latest version of phpBB and adding security features to authentication to prevent bots from registering/posting.

I also have set up a PayPal address to those who would like to contribute to cover hosting/domain registration costs. You can send your donation (any amount you wish) to board@basictek.net

On that regard I think I'm gonna add a "FIMS supporter" exclusive rank on the profile, (either that, or the ability to add signatures to posts) and access to a donor-exclusive sub-topic within the board to those who wish to contribute as a little token of gratitude.

If you have any ideas or suggestions on how to improve the board, please let me know.

EDIT: I'm sorry about the login issues, I'm still trying to work out a solution as there seems to be some compatibility problems due to the version of MySQL and PHP I'm running on the host. I'm going to run some experiments on a local copy of the site on my personal computer and figure out what solution works best. I'll let you know once I work something out.
zapped
<25 FIMS Newbie

Re: Board's news

Post by zapped »

How do I get my original I.D. back? I tried to log on for a week w/ no success. Also sent emails to your address.
akoof
Producer Extraordinaire

Post by akoof »

Did you end up getting this sorted, zapped? I didn't have any issues with my login personally, so I'm not sure what occurred with your original one. :(
zapped
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by zapped »

I never got an answer. I'm wondering if doesn't recognize it because my original name has an exclamation point on the end (?) No messaging either.
Jay
Cronos, his eyes on fire...

Post by Jay »

Just FYI, spider reached out to me to let you all know he is working on the log in problem.
And that right now when he tries to post anything in the forum, it generates an error.
meh
FIMS Contributor

Post by meh »

zapped wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:16 am I never got an answer. I'm wondering if doesn't recognize it because my original name has an exclamation point on the end (?) No messaging either.
Any luck with logging in to your original account?
Seize the moment.

Literally.
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

Hey fellas, The board has been upgraded to PHPBB's lates version, and I have restored Zapped's account. Unfortunately the migration affected users with special characters in their username, so I had to rename it directly on the database, which why he's now Zapped13. Please let me know if there are other users with login issues and I'll do my best to help. I apologize for the super long delay in getting everything ready.
zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Thank you Spider. :D I was beginning to suspect that it might be the exclamation point but I didn't want to delete the original account and then lose all my messages from over the years.
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

zapped13 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:56 am Thank you Spider. :D I was beginning to suspect that it might be the exclamation point but I didn't want to delete the original account and then lose all my messages from over the years.
You're welcome Zapped. I'm sorry it took me so long, I thought the upgrade would fix it, but it didn't, then I couldn't find the damn users table on the database for the stupidest of reasons :lol: (apparently mySQL only shows the first 25 tables of any given database on the menu... d'oh!).
caregar
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by caregar »

se ve bien :D :D
Alphanumero
25+ Not a Newbie Anymore

Post by Alphanumero »

Where can I find the new site?
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

Sorry about the last issue, my hosting provider changed the URL to the database, which caused the site to fail. Since I was AFK for the weekend I couldn't work on it until today, but I'm pleased to announce that we're back in business lol.
caregar
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by caregar »

pero por fin esta en linea :D
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

Hello everyone, I added a new extension to enhance safety and convenience, all links on the board from now on will open in a new window, and they will use a "nofollow - noreferrer - noopener" rel tag. You shouldn't notice anything unusual, save from a little icon on links.

If you want to know what those terms mean, here's an article (opens by default in a new window/tab.. Duh!)

More features are coming soon, I'll let you know once I get to them :lol: