Looking for web design pointers...

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
FreezeTek
Motto: Free Freeze for all

Looking for web design pointers...

Post by FreezeTek »

As you can all tell by my novice designs for my web site that I have almost NO web designing skills. However I'm a very fast learner and I have a lot of computing skills.

I've just downloaded Dreamweaver MX(which I don't know how to use) and I'm trying to learn how to develope a more professional website. I also have Adobe CS 2(which I also don't know how to use) and can get just about anything else I may need.

Now some members of this community have much more experience in web design than I and I'd like to get your help.

I'm looking for pointers basically, pointers about what software I need and pointers in how to use the software I have and the software I need.

This is totally non-freeze related except I'll hopefully be able to redesign this site to be cooler and more functional. But I'd appreciate any help. If you have any advice please post or email me at basictek@aol.com. Thanks everyone
dailyread8128
<25 FIMS Newbie

Post by dailyread8128 »

Your site looks good; what exactly do you wish to do to improve the site. I professionally have experience with DreamWeaver, CS II, and a few other software tools. Although, I am not a full time web-page developer, think I can help.

chris
:)
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

I'm experienced on Macromedia Studio MX 2004, email me if you have any question :wink:
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Thanks guys.

Well this is where I am so far...

Dounloaded and installed CS2, Macromedia Studios 2004 & Director, hundreds of flash templates, and about 6 months of computer based training on all these programs.

My site was developed in Microsoft Frontpage & I guess it just looks really novicee to me. I was hoping to pick up the art of flash web design fairly quickly but so far I've been discouraged(seems like a lot of time is required)

My goal was to be able to redesign this site and some others I have to look more professional, fluid like, or alive, if you get my drift.

I appreciate the responses and hope to have the skills to provide a better website soon. Until then it's frontpage.

PS: araenae you don't have an email listed in your profile.
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

basictek wrote:Thanks guys.

PS: araenae you don't have an email listed in your profile.
:oops: oopsie, I guess I forgot to turn the 'show my email' feature on
it's araenae666 AT hotmail DOT com

It's not hard to mantain a flash site, you just have to plan carefully how, and what are you going to update, so you would need to update only plain text files for the flash interface to display. An HTML template created in fireworks and converted to dreamweaver is usually much more fast to create/mantain/adjust. I can create any of those for you (just like the now defunct 'freeze hypno vault' venture I did with Jay)... If you have a specific design in mind, or you want me to design one for you, I'll be more than glad to help you... :wink:
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Thanks araenae,

I'll be sure to email you when I get started with the redesign.

Websites like the one below have inspired me to learn flash. I fear it will be quite some time before I get to that level though.

http://yfke-sturm.com/

I also wanted to create flash ASFR/freeze material.

So far I'm just learning the basics with some training vids I downloaded. When I'm ready to start producing I'm sure I'll have questions then.
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

basictek wrote:
I also wanted to create flash ASFR/freeze material.
Funny, I think I know exactly what you have in mind...

... something like this?

I'be been messing lately with some 3D programs to make a freeze video, but I've been out spare time... :roll: anyway, contact me whenever you need and I'll try my best to help

P.S. that yfke site is cool, and it's not too hard to create something like that :wink:
FreezeTek

Post by FreezeTek »

Now that's the ticket! Very kewl 8)

Now I tried using jpg's(before and after) imported into flash then made them objects and then tried to morph them but that didn't work. I'm nowhere near the site you have.

Honestly I've been watching the dream weaver training more than flash lately but I'll get back to it soon.

Just scored a new job(one of the top software companies in the world) where I'll be in the mainstreem again(working with smart R&D people) and hopefully I'll be able to start churning some stuff out.

Post by Guest »

araenae,

What 3d software did you use to create the model?
tinyspider
Guitar Hero

Post by tinyspider »

Anonymous wrote: What 3d software did you use to create the model?
To make the whole animation, I used the following software:
Macromedia Flash (design, buttons/interactivity, programming, animation/sounds)
Poser 4 (3D rendering and animation sequences of the model)
Photoshop CS (2D Texturing of the model)

I didn't made the 3D model it's a free morph of a commercial female human 3D model. pm me if you want more details :wink: