suggestion for the producers

On or off topic discussions. Whatever is on you mind...
gottocollectthemall
100+ FIMS Warrior

suggestion for the producers

Post by gottocollectthemall »

i have suggestion for the producers to hopefully entice more people, buy more custom shoot if producers are willing to.
why not offer people who order custom shoot, free down load of new material for month they order and pay for their custom shoot. example.
some one orders and pays for custom for next month, they then get free down load of new material the producer places on c4s store, or their web page.
what are you're thoughts on that idea?
simonjedi
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Re: suggestion for the producers

Post by simonjedi »

I think it's a stupid idea.
gottocollectthemall
100+ FIMS Warrior

to leave a harsh comment like that is not very constructive, explain why please?
simonjedi

Post by simonjedi »

Why would the producer give a months worth of videos for free? What do they get from that other than lost sales
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

simonjedi wrote:I think it's a stupid idea.
http://lm.basictek.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2075
simonjedi wrote:Why would the producer give a months worth of videos for free? What do they get from that other than lost sales
More incentive for people to order customs? The lost sales there could be made up for by more videos being produced.
simonjedi

Post by simonjedi »

I'm not breaking any rules
More incentive for people to order customs? The lost sales there could be made up for by more videos being produced.
If people want customs they'll order them. Producers rarely make a profit from an order. They usually make money by selling them to the public.

Let's use EvW as an example: She releases lots of content. (for the sake of argument 10 fetishes updating 4 times a month at $20 a video) Why should she give me $800 worth of videos free for a cheap $150 custom.
gottocollectthemall
100+ FIMS Warrior

that is idea more custom work work quite easily pay for the few video that is put up on the c4s portal, or their own web page and as it is only one person getting the free access to NEW material for the month, it would not be a great loss but i think a bennifi,t as the producer gets a new video to sell to ppl who have not yet bought a custom. there is a lot of people who can not affored to buy custom, yet can affored the resonable amount for the c4s material. i believe it is a winning idea not sh!t.
gottocollectthemall
100+ FIMS Warrior

the producer can set an amount that the customer need to spend to get this offer?
and not all producer put the amount of video out the Evangeline does.
gottocollectthemall
100+ FIMS Warrior

I respect you're point of view and you have had you're comment, this is not to start an argument between you and any body else. it is seggestion of idea and was hoping that some producer might comment on idea, as it is put to them. they are the one who in the final will decide if it is worth trying or not.
gottocollectthemall
100+ FIMS Warrior

I'm surprised no producer has added their comment as this is for them :/
Loki
Producer Extraordinaire

Post by Loki »

Hello. I didn't see this post until a customer pointed it out to me. I would be willing to work something out for some extra films of a customer's choice if they were to get a decent priced custom, maybe $200+.
HypnoGold
Producer Extraordinaire

Post by HypnoGold »

I don't do customs.
gottocollectthemall
100+ FIMS Warrior

I think what Loki stated that at a price of $200 or more for a custom, then at the discretion of the producer, you have free access to their new material for that month.

@ HypnoGold.

Would this be some thing that would bring you out of retirement, and get youre creative juices flowing again. Would you be willing to then do custom shoots for others?

What do you other producers have to say?
What of you other studios?
gerson
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by gerson »

Guy Talon at Stuckfast used to produce great custom videos. Does anybody know what has happened to him? No word of him or his work and I haven't been able to contact him.
HypnoGold
Producer Extraordinaire

Post by HypnoGold »

Hardly in retirement. I'm a regular provider of new content. No, the pain to do customs just aren't worth what they pay. I'm fine making what I want to make and selling it to those interested.
gottocollectthemall
100+ FIMS Warrior

my mistake i read you are name wrong, i read it as Lord Hypno sorry. i was very tired.