Something for you "V" fans out there...

Other new clips, pics, links, etc
zapped13
500+ Elite

Something for you "V" fans out there...

Post by zapped13 »

A little news of note for you "V" fans out there: the original writer of the miniseries and novel has finally released the long awaited "V" The Second Generation, by Kenneth Johnson.

I originally got hooked on the miniseries when it first aired, and the scenes of frozen human bodies held within their suspension chambers not only fascinated me as a kid- but is largely responsible for the cryo-freeze fetish that I have today.

I got my copy a few weeks ago and managed to just finish it. This was a fairly good read and if your a fan of the novels from back in the 80's, this would be a good one to get for your collection.

The bad news would be: if your buying it specifically for the cryo-suspension parts, you may be disappointed! Although there are at least three different scenes involving the viewing of the captives-including one very good description of a woman being frozen against her will (and the later result), the process is now different. First the victims are left clothed instead of being stripped nude as before. They are forced into their cocoons where they eventually succumb to gas and freeze in place. They also have a mechanism placed over each person's head (like a crown) that's attached to wires. This apparently feeds each captive information about their new outlook on life away from earth: where they will be converted into soldiers, slaves or (yipes!) used as food.

I have no regrets on buying the book, but was slightly disappointed that the visitors relied on mind control more than the "frozen in suspension gel" theme like in the first book. However, the mention of a young girl standing in a cocoon wearing a Catholic school girl outfit, and the previously mentioned innocent woman who gets "turned in by a evil co-worker" and is eventually frozen/stored away with the others, made me forgive the changes! :wink:

I pre-ordered mine on amazon months before it came out, but you may find a copy on ebay used. It came out the first week of Feb.

http://www.amazon.com/V-Second-Generati ... 411&sr=1-1
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"