frozen girl warmup sketchs

Other new clips, pics, links, etc
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

frozen girl warmup sketchs

Post by Tekka »

hey gang, thought i pop in and show the world i'm not dead yet, in the course of doing other digital artwork i did some warmups i might go back and finish soon. Those are characters from two universes Tuckerverse and i guess we'll call it Claussenverse for now, top is zapped!'s girls and both is tuckers girls :P be warn thou i might eventually pull this down. Critcs and comments welcome.

P.S. for those of said races, i apologies in advance if i offend u with the way i draw a certain way, i am trying to improve this area, uhm gunna be a while before they are not so out there.

Tek~

yendis
FIMS Contributor

Post by yendis »

Hi Tekka,
Liked the sketches, guess you must be a pretty good Artist :wink:

cheers
yendis
cjmaker
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by cjmaker »

Nice job!
-cj
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

Wow, awesome! Cool stuff!

Now as a creator of half of the characters I'll make some remarks. Maggie and Tatiana are pretty much perfect save for the hair length, they both had shoulder-length with Maggie's hair straight and Tatiana's kind of wild at the tips, European model style. Candice isn't bad either, though I've felt she'd have a smaller mouth and thinner eyebrows, the latter since she's a wanna-be model. Madison's the big one as she resembles Ryoshi from Clockwork in my eyes more than Madison. Ideally Madison looks almost exactly like Maggie save longer hair and perhaps more refined features.

But to end this as a compliment sandwich I must say I feel honored to have characters Freez and I created drawn by someone. Thank you for that!
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

Yendis - lol been drawing and designing since i was 8, pretty much haven't stopped, although i usually draw better then this on paper. ^^;

CJmaker - Thanks! ^_^

Zero - ah I figured something was off on Maggie! I'll work in Candice some more. really workout more on Madsion, I probably goofed somewhere on Zapped!'s girls too. Your Welcome, some great female characters even thou the spent most of the time frozen in place! To honest i just picked the girls i thought of more, maybe i'll do some of the others later on.

Tek~
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

update! ^_^

Tek~

Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

Wow, nice job with the colors! Tatiana's pretty much spot on now, Candice looks fantastic and Maggie is also excellent. Still feel a little uneasy about Madison, it must be the hair, but really I figured she's have a bit of wave in there so I dunno why. Great stuff!
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

Thanks Zero, I'm still hanging out with the jury on Madison as well, I work on it some more, probably as more stand alone Madison art. In anycase while not exactly freeze related material, still i figure i post stuff i'm up too, this is for a Castlevania Drawoff i enterted, i made my own version of Simon Belmont, figures pretty much done all i need is the whip stake background and colors....XD

zapped13
500+ Elite

Post by zapped13 »

Some nice renderings there Tek. I especially like the eyes and facial structures. The Swan figure needs black silky hair and frameless glasses as she had in real life, but other than that - pretty kewl! :wink:
"Your beauty will be preserved forever, my dear!"
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

lol zapped! XDDD i actually purposely left them off since i did the same to maggie, i'll probably put them on later i was trying to get their faces right first, forgot swan had black hair XD. LOL, I'm slacking off on my castlevania entry XD, did this while i figured more color stuff for the piece, did a no lineart aided piece from one of the girls on the headshot piece, Candice. Wanted to see if i could make a more realistic look and keep my lineart out at the same time, kinda happy with the way it turned out.

Tek~
Last edited by Tekka on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

Yeah, that's a pretty good attempt at realism, but unfortunately again as one of the authors and a man who is fully aware of the uncanny valley I have to point out what seems to be your weakness: eyebrows. They seem too... grease-paint-like, like Groucho Marx. Still, the big strength is color, you did a fantastic job picking them. The gleam in the eyes is a nice touch too.
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

Behold! more art, Madison this time

Tek~

Freezetag
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by Freezetag »

That's cool
Any plans to draw them as statues?
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

dunno, i suppose if people generate interest i'll give it a shot, for now just headshots and random stuff.

Tek~
cjmaker
50+ FIMS Regular

Post by cjmaker »

If I had to vote for a statue drawing, I would vote for Bridget! :wink:
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

lol, technically if i had enough time and money i could actually make a statue of almost any character or person baring real life ppl. granted it would be the "keep on my desk" size version, doing a life size is a pain and i don't have the space or equipment to do a lifesize.

Tek~
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

XD couldn't help myself. :p Free digital art piece to the lucky person that figures what story this scene is from. Background coming soon.

Tek

Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

One more thing...

Tek~
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

Well Tek, I'd have to guess that picture is Tucker and Maggie in Tucker VII, right when they decided to claim Rebecca. Interesting choice with the mole on Rebecca, I don't remember if we ever stated we had one. Tucker's look is pretty much bang on though, I don't think his appearance got an overhaul until IX or X, changing his straight hair to a more spiked look and pretty much ditching his glasses for good.
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

whoops, forgot to state that authors should have given ppl time to answer in anycase, when u get the chance zero just send me a pm on what u would like drawn. <.< actually i used myself as Tucker's hair reference. Granted my hair is actually raven black, as for the mole i figure i save my self some grief and give her a mole so that she could be told apart from Jamie. There are things i forgot to add aside from the background so when i get a chance I'll add it all in just not right now, work in a bit.

Tek~
Zero
Motion Stopper

Post by Zero »

Yeah, sorry if that seemed unfair but it was never stated. If you do this again I won't be blurting out the answer.
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

before i go to work, i'll throw this out the FIRST person to post the word "freeze" gets a free one since zero kinda it the cat outta the bag. Rest assure i'll honor both zero's and the first post who post here first request, I'll say it now, their limitions to what i will draw so please be mindful of what you ask of me. No extreme rape( I'm not sure of it counts when they are all dollifed.) or underage women.

Tek~
FreezAntix
200+ Spending too much Time Here

Post by FreezAntix »

"Freeze"

Do I get a request? These are great sketches by the way bang up job! The latest one with Maggie, Tucker and Rebbecca are great. FYI Rebeca will get an hair cut sometime in the future so Maggie could tell the difference between her and Jamie.

Great work man keep it up!
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Post by Tekka »

lol yes Antix just pm me your request. Well as i said earlier the mole thing was for my benefit if wanna write that in, it's up to you. ^_^

Tek
Tekka
100+ FIMS Warrior

Re: frozen girl warmup sketchs

Post by Tekka »

just messing around, C&C hope to make it silk spectre, <.< probably more like a manga verison if i can't get the face right.... P.S. at least it's not as bad as the last time i tried it! ^_^

Daniel